Has anyone gotten codewarrior 10.6 to work?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone gotten codewarrior 10.6 to work?

robotjosh
Contributor IV

Codewarrior 10.6 seems to have a different compiler than 10.5 so most of my code is broken.  Did I install it wrong to get cw-gcc instead of the cw-arm compiler I have in 10.5?  I carefully read the release notes and there is no mention of a new compiler so I am not sure what is going on.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I have both CW 10.5 and 10.6 installed, and from the files in the installation layout both the gcc and FSL proprietary ARM compilers are the same?

Could it be that you want to develop for a Kinetis-L part? The L parts are only supported with gcc (already that way in 10.5).

Erich

0 Kudos

robotjosh
Contributor IV

I'm working with the MK60DN512ZVMD10. It seems like its a different compiler because all the compiler setting options are different and the /cwarm directory in mqxlite is now /cwgcc. I understand switching compilers but I don't understand the deception.

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Could it be that you created a new project with the wizard? There is an option in the 'Language and Build tools' page to select either gcc or the FSL compiler.

So it looks to me you selected gcc?

Erich

0 Kudos

robotjosh
Contributor IV

Yes, gcc was selected before. I was able to create a new project with the now "legacy" freescale compiler. After copying all the same options from my 10.5 project, I can get it to compile ok. However, when it runs it appears to start in Cpu_Interrupt at an infinite loop. It looks like all the options are the same, the only difference is between 10.5 and 10.6.

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Josh,

If you think there is a problem with the code generated with MCU V10.6 compiler version, I recommend you to report the problem via the Service Request system.

New Service Request

An engineer will investigate the problem.

To be done we need more details as the MCU V10.5 project.

Don't hesitate to contact us.

Have a great day,
Pascal

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

robotjosh
Contributor IV

The release notes claim that upgrading a project to 10.6 is not practical.

Josh Jordan

Engineer

Anidea Engineering, Inc.

12773 West Forest Hill Blvd., Ste. 219

Wellington, FL 33414

Tel: 561-383-7311

Tel: 954-839-8318

Email: JoshJ@anidea-engineering.com <mailto:gabrielg@anidea-engineering.com>

www.anidea-engineering.com <http://www.anidea-engineering.com/>

P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

THIS DOCUMENT CONTAINS INFORMATION INTENDED FOR THE EXCLUSIVE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL TO WHOM IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PROPRIETARY, PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. IF YOU ARE NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT (OR ANY EMPLOYEE OR AGENT RESPONSIBLE FOR DELIVERING THIS DOCUMENT TO THE INTENDED RECIPIENT), OR HAVE RECEIVED THIS COMMUNICATION IN ERROR, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT ANY COPYING, DISCLOSURE OR DISTRIBUTION OF THIS INFORMATION MAY BE SUBJECT TO LEGAL RESTRICTION OR SANCTION. IN SUCH EVENT, PLEASE NOTIFY THE SENDER TO ARRANGE FOR THE RETURN OR DESTRUCTION OF THE INFORMATION AND ALL COPIES.

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Josh,

To avoid problem is better to create a new project and add your source files in the project.

I don't have lot of experiences as the MCU V10.6 was released 2 weeks ago but all projects created with MCU V10.5 and moved to V10.6 worked fine.

It should be better we continue to investigate the problem through a Service Request.

Regards

Pascal

0 Kudos

robotjosh
Contributor IV

You're saying that you have to create a new project and add your source from the old project. Its not a bug if to thats what you have do. It seemed like a bug because previously you could upgrade a project to each new version of codewarrior going back to pre-eclipse codewarrior. Maybe your software dev(s) have different priorities than ensuring projects are upgradable.

Josh Jordan

Engineer

Anidea Engineering, Inc.

Wellington, FL 33414

THIS DOCUMENT CONTAINS INFORMATION INTENDED FOR THE EXCLUSIVE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL TO WHOM IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PROPRIETARY, PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. IF YOU ARE NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT (OR ANY EMPLOYEE OR AGENT RESPONSIBLE FOR DELIVERING THIS DOCUMENT TO THE INTENDED RECIPIENT), OR HAVE RECEIVED THIS COMMUNICATION IN ERROR, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT ANY COPYING, DISCLOSURE OR DISTRIBUTION OF THIS INFORMATION MAY BE SUBJECT TO LEGAL RESTRICTION OR SANCTION. IN SUCH EVENT, PLEASE NOTIFY THE SENDER TO ARRANGE FOR THE RETURN OR DESTRUCTION OF THE INFORMATION AND ALL COPIES.

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Josh,

Again, on my side I've importing the MCU V10.5 projects on MCU V10.6 using the importing process and it worked fine.

I don't use the other process -> create a new project and add source files.

We must investigate the problem.

Pascal

0 Kudos

robotjosh
Contributor IV

It was all processor expert errors. The 10.5 project would compile until I regenerated processor expert, then nothing but errors. Only making a new project and redoing all the processor expert modules would work. It isn't a bug if you said in the release notes that upgrading is not practical. I can't help more, have already spent way too much time fussing with this toolchain.

Josh Jordan

Engineer

Anidea Engineering, Inc.

Wellington, FL 33414

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Josh,

I've checked with the Product Manager to know exactly what we must understand with this note.

The same note was already delivered in MCU V10.5

+++++++++++++++++++

Please note:

CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers v10.5 is a full product release with a number of major enhancements.

There are significant changes throughout the product, so updating a previous release to v10.5 is not practical.

+++++++++++++++++++

This note has nothing to do with importing projects from previous releases.

This note is to let customers know that upgrading a previous CodeWarrior installation to the new version not a possibility.

So it's not possible for instance to install the MCU V10.6 on MCU V10.5 installation.

Importing the project created with MCU V10.5 on MCU V10.6 should work fine.

Pascal

0 Kudos

robotjosh
Contributor IV

Good to know. Will let you know if I run into another importing problem.

Josh Jordan

Engineer

Anidea Engineering, Inc.

Wellington, FL 33414

0 Kudos

robotjosh
Contributor IV

Yes, I did have to make a new project because processor expert had unfixable errors, and the release notes state that upgrading a project to 10.6 is impractical because of extensive changes. I created a new project and then re-created all of the processor expert modules. A bare mqx project can compile and run but fnet depends on a /cwarm directory in mqx where there is only a /cwgcc directory. I'll have to repeat the process again on monday.

0 Kudos