cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCS08 Linker Problem While Using STACKTOP

wnoliveira
Contributor II

Hi all,

I'm trying to use STACKTOP attr to my MC9S08MP16 stack. However, when I try to to compile, only get an error:

194764_194764.pngpastedImage_1.png

For reference, my linker file is attached.

Anyone lnows how to solve that?

Thanks!

Original Attachment has been moved to: Project.prm.zip

0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

If you want to use STACKTOP, we need define a segment for stack and pace predefined segment SSTACK into it. see below steps of using  STACKTOP

pastedImage_1.png

Hope this helps.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

wnoliveira
Contributor II

Hi Zhang,

Acctually, it's not what i'm looking for. In your case, you predefine a space for STKRAM (from x300 to x48F), however when I use processor expert to generate a similar configuration, it doesn't define any size for STACK. It just let the stack to be placed in all remanescent space of RAM segment.

In the project that i've attached, I don't use processor expert (because of very density code, almost fill uC ROM), but testing it like I said works fine.

I just doesn't understend what is the difference.

If you can test it, try to set processor build options like that:

pastedImage_1.png

Thank you.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

if you want to use stacktop with processor expert, you need fine a segment for it. see below

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos