Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freescale Touch Example with Code Warrior

Jump to solution
sureshjaggal
Contributor III

Dear Folks,

Currently I am using TSS and Code Warrior with processor expert support for the development of HMI application  but i see TSS library consumes very high Memory since TSS library is precomplied library i think we cant reduce the size of it.

There is new library called Freescale Touch, where in all the source files are available . Is it possible to get an example supporting code warrior  for KL05Z using this library.

Are there ways where PE supports this new library Freescale Touch library ( Document Number: FTUG 1.0.0 Apr 2015)

Thanks & Regards,

Suresh Jaggal

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Suresh Jaggal,

I just tested ..FT_1_1\sw\examples\frdm_aslider_app demo code included under   NXP Touch Software Library v1.1   from my side under kds3.0. now it can pass build and run well from my side on FRDM_KL25 board. see attached video

please check below points:

1. make sure you run ft_setup.bat to install the necessary files to ksdk install folder

pastedImage_0.png

2. rebuild lib C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\lib\ksdk_platform_lib\kds\KL25Z4

pastedImage_1.png

3. open project for example ..FT_1_1\sw\examples\frdm_aslider_app

in project properties, C/C++build, settings, Cross ARM C Compiler, Includes, make sure you have all the related KSDK source/inc folder included.

pastedImage_0.png

4, check project properties, Resource, Linked Resources, linked resources tab, make sure all the related resource locations are correct.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Suresh Jaggal

you can download and use:

Touch Sensing Software Suite installer Version 3.1.0

The Freescale TSS code in this release supports the Freescale HCS08, ColdFire V1, ColdFire+, Kinetis K and Kinetis L families of microcontrollers in general.

FRDM-KL05Z is also supported in this package.

pastedImage_1.png

can this help you?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
sureshjaggal
Contributor III

Dear Mrs.Zhang,

Is there any update regarding the my question with respect to freetouch library.

Best regards,

Suresh Jaggal

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Suresh Jaggal,

I just tested ..FT_1_1\sw\examples\frdm_aslider_app demo code included under   NXP Touch Software Library v1.1   from my side under kds3.0. now it can pass build and run well from my side on FRDM_KL25 board. see attached video

please check below points:

1. make sure you run ft_setup.bat to install the necessary files to ksdk install folder

pastedImage_0.png

2. rebuild lib C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\lib\ksdk_platform_lib\kds\KL25Z4

pastedImage_1.png

3. open project for example ..FT_1_1\sw\examples\frdm_aslider_app

in project properties, C/C++build, settings, Cross ARM C Compiler, Includes, make sure you have all the related KSDK source/inc folder included.

pastedImage_0.png

4, check project properties, Resource, Linked Resources, linked resources tab, make sure all the related resource locations are correct.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos
sureshjaggal
Contributor III

Dear Mrs.Zhang,

I will follow the steps you have mentioned. Thank you very very much for your Support.

In case of any discrepancies, I will get back to you .

Have a great day.

Best regards,

Suresh Jaggal

0 Kudos
sureshjaggal
Contributor III

Dear Mr. Zhang,

I am sorry, I think you got my question wrong, with TSS 3.1 and KL05Z and code warrior and PE my application is running well but it is consuming very high memory.

I was looking for an alternative solution, I came accross Freescale Touch Library(http://www.nxp.com/search?proxystylesheet=nxp_search_style_fe&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF-8&ud=1&output=xml_no_d... ) which has different interface unlike TSS 3.1, So it would be helpful if you can provide an example for Freescale Touch Library V 1.1 using code warrior  or any IDE.

There were few examples provided by FT V1.1 for KDS, I tried them with KDS but they are not getting complied , so it would of great help if you can provide an example with FT V1.1  for KL05Z32 for any IDE ( a basic example will do with basic keypad configuration ) . FT v1.1 solution is very crucial for me.

Thanks & Regards,

Suresh Jaggal.

0 Kudos