AppTRK.elf generation for P4080DS (Code warrior version 10.5)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AppTRK.elf generation for P4080DS (Code warrior version 10.5)

Jump to solution
rahul011189
Contributor I

I am working with P4080DS and Code warrior 10.5. I am trying to debug a linux application.

As per the code warrior documentation, I need to run AppTRK.elf on the target Linux system but it doesn't describe on how to generate the AppTRK.elf file.

Please assist me on generating the same.

Thanks,

Rahul

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Building apptrk for p4080ds works fine for me. Attached you can find exported_flags script that I used. Please modify the path and source this script before build the apptrk.

Adrian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There are two ways to generated the apptrk,elf.

1. Build the apptrk sources provided in CodeWarrior (Freescale\CW_PA_v10.5.0\PA\PA_Tools\AppTRK\)

2. If you use SDK to build your linux images, add apptrk in build recipe.

Adrian

0 Kudos
rahul011189
Contributor I

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I tried method 1 before posting the question itself. But I am getting errors when I am trying to use MAKE for the source present at:

Freescale\CW_PA_v10.5.0\PA\PA_Tools\AppTRK

Is there something that I am missing? Any specific step that needs to be performed for build AppTRK source code?

Regards,

Rahul

0 Kudos
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Did you use correct cross toolchain when building apptrk? Could you share the errors you get when building?

Adrian

0 Kudos
rahul011189
Contributor I

I don't think the error is related to toolchain. Please see the following error log.

I followed the steps in Freescale\CW_PA_v10.5.0\PA\PA_Tools\AppTRK\appTRK\INSTALL.

The configuration step is successful but MAKE is throwing errors.

App_TRK.png

0 Kudos
rahul011189
Contributor I

Hi Adrian,

Can you please assist me with the issue?

Regards,

Rahul

0 Kudos
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rahul,

Did you use ./configure? Could you share configure command? Did you build libelf before building apptrk?

Adrian

0 Kudos
rahul011189
Contributor I

As I mentioned the configuration step was correct. The ./configure did not throw any errors. And yes libelf was built.

0 Kudos
rahul011189
Contributor I

Adrian,

Please see the snapshot for ./configure step.

configure.png

0 Kudos
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Building apptrk for p4080ds works fine for me. Attached you can find exported_flags script that I used. Please modify the path and source this script before build the apptrk.

Adrian

0 Kudos
rahul011189
Contributor I

Hi Adrian,

I tried the same steps as you mentioned over and over again but I kept getting errors in the source files.

But after removing the apptrk folder and regenerating it from the back up .tar file, I was able to generate the AppTRK.elf file with the same sequence I was trying earlier. Not sure what the problem really was.

Anyways, the problem is solved. Thank you very very much for your support.

Regards,

Rahul

0 Kudos