cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change the pulse width of PWM signal

qsaki_needhelp
Contributor I

Any one please help me out.

Am trying to generate a PWM signal with DSP 56F8013 Controller. Am using Freescale CodeWarrior 5.6.1 and have updated to new version 7.2.

Am not able to generate PWM signal. Using Processor Expert I have initialized the PWM module and am getting the PWM signal for only one pulse width. I need help to change the pulse width with different values within the Interrupt routine. And is there any document that describes the use of different interrupts using processor expert.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

marc_paquette
Contributor V

Chapter 10 of this document, MC56F8000RM.pdf, describes the 56F8xxx platform's PWM capabilities, including registers and operation.

A smaller document, AN3102.pdf, gives a short overview of the PWM on-board peripheral.

Search for and download these documents from the Freescale web site.

Marc.

0 Kudos

qsaki_needhelp
Contributor I

sir

I do have both the documents. Am able to generate PWM signal without interrupt, but still i have difficulty in generating PWM signal using Interupt method. Is there any documentation which gives sample code or sample project for generating the PWM using Interrupt along with Proecssor Expert 

0 Kudos

ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III
Which bean do you use? If you use the PWM bean, I recommend to use the PWMMC bean instead. This bean allows to benefit from all hardware features of the PWM device on 56800/E family. The PWM bean is a cross-platform bean that supports only a very basic PWM operation.

best regards
Petr Hradsky
Processor Expert Support
UNIS
0 Kudos