codewarrior2.1

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

codewarrior2.1

KAIH1
Contributor II

Hi,I have two questions about codewarrior2.1.

First,Why sometimes enter assembly mode when debugging software, as shown in the figure.

KAIH1_0-1705637723281.png

I want to enter C language debugging mode, as shown in the following image.

KAIH1_0-1705638030992.png

How to switch between two modes.

Second,Where can I find the debugging instructions and some commonly used shortcuts for codearrar2.1.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hello,
regarding C source level debugging:
If the binary is compiled on the same machine as debugged you should be basically able to debug the code on source level. If it has been built on other machine you should adjust the path mapping so the source files could be found on a new machine.
Your code might call a library function that has no debug information included/ or there are no source files to the lib available - in such case debugger switches into a disassembly view when stepping into such a function call.
Now If you are in the C source level debug view and you press assembly step (Icon with ASM and arrow) - the debugger will automatically switches to disassembly view and perform single instruction (assembly) step. Therefore for C level step you should use icon with "HL" and "source" label and arrow.
Note: After reset the code execution could be in startup code which often uses library code. In order to get to main() type "gotil main" in status window.

Hope it helps.
Stan
0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Why sometimes enter assembly mode when debugging software, as shown in the figure.

If you dont have source code associated with the binary file then you wont see C level code. Its same for all debugger.

Where can I find the debugging instructions and some commonly used shortcuts for codearrar2.1.

The guide is on NXP web:

file:///C:/Users/nxa13250/Downloads/CodeWarrior%20Common%20Features%20Guide.pdf

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

KAIH1
Contributor II
Hello, I am unable to download this file. Can you email me
0 Kudos