Run CW5.5 basic

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run CW5.5 basic

IanV
Contributor I

Hi - I am VERY new and have inherited an uncomfortable situation. We have an HCS12 starter kit in which the code was developed with the CW 5.5.1272 - it runs some Canbus and RS232 communications  with radiation monitors and sets up some alarm conditions in our accelerator lab. The guy that programmed the MC9S12C32 has left - he left us instructions about how to compile and transfer the code into a spare development kit that we have, in case the one in service fails.

We still have the XP computer, and can indeed do this.

BUT - if the XP computer, now very old, dies then we are stuck. I have installed the CW5.5.1272 from the original CDRom onto a 32bit W7 machine, and all goes well until I come up against the1024 byte limit  since I guess the CD installs the free version. I can't find the licence for the installation on the old XP machine and I can't see how to activate the version on the W7 machine - is there any advice on how to transfer the licence activation (which I guess must exist somewhere in the config or registry or a dll or whatever) from the XP machine to the less vulnerable W7 machine until such time as we completely upgrade everything?

Thanks in advance for helping a baby in the microcontroller woods!

0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi IanV ,

If your project can run on old xp computer, I guess the CodeWarrior installed on this computer has purchased license. Please confirm this with the person in charge.

You need to check the license buyer, get the license account and  rehost the license from old XP computer to the new computer. see FAQ

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/development-software/codewarrior-development-tools/licensing-and...

""

If you failed to rehost, take your old purchased license to submit a private ticket to NXP license support team request help. Because license is your private asset, it's not proper to support it on public site.

Hope this helps,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

IanV
Contributor I

Many thanks - I don't have access to the old licence - I have no idea what the guy who left has done with it. I'll try and contact the NXP licence team to see what they can do to help.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

OK. Thanks.

0 Kudos