Range check error in Ver 5.6.1.1658

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Range check error in Ver 5.6.1.1658

StephenWick
Contributor II

I have an old project that was completed with CodeWarrior version 5.6.1.1658. After I opened this old project with CodeWarrior version 5.9.0, this project will report an error: Range check error when executing Make with CodeWarrior version 5.6.1.1658. How should I handle this problem? Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
6 Replies

guriinas23
Contributor II

Newer versions of CodeWarrior may have changes to the project file format or settings. Try to create a new project in CodeWarrior 5.9.0 and import the source files and settings from your old project into the new one. This process can sometimes help update the project to the newer format. Check if there have been updates or changes to the libraries and dependencies used by your project. AT&T PREPAID Ensure that you are using compatible versions of libraries and that they are correctly linked in your new project. If the error is specific to a particular line of code or module, debug the issue by examining the code at that location. The error message might provide clues about the problem's origin.

0 Kudos

StephenWick
Contributor II
This old project needs to be backed up in an old computer that cannot be connected to the Internet and can only use Code Warrior 5.6.1.1658, so I need to solve the Range check error problem for this old computer.
0 Kudos

RaRo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @StephenWick,

Could you please take a look at the following community post: Range check error - NXP Community?

Best regards, Raul.

0 Kudos

StephenWick
Contributor II
I read this post, but I can't find IFsh1.h. What do I have to do to find this file.
0 Kudos

RaRo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @StephenWick,

It seems that the other workaround would not work in these versions. We apologize for the confusion.

Looking at the Welcome_CW_MCUs text document in CWMCUV61RN it mentions the following:

RaulRomero_0-1697740291716.png

[Welcome_CW_MCUs -> General Limitations]

Could you please try the above workaround in case you are using MC8S08QE?

Also, in the CodeWarrior Developoment Studio IDE 5.9 User’s Guide there is a section about Program/Verify (check Figure 23-4. Program/Verify Panel) where is mentioned the possibility of change the address range to program flash data. Could you please take a look at it?

If none of the above works or is useful, as @guriinas23 mentioned it might be necessary to "create a new project in CodeWarrior 5.9.0 and import the source files and settings from your old project into the new one. This process can sometimes help update the project to the newer format."

Best regards, Raul.

0 Kudos

StephenWick
Contributor II

Thanks for your help, now CodeWarrior 5.6.1.1658 is working, yet I didn't do anything but shut down the computer for a few days. I'm using 56F8013VFAE, I'm using CodeWarrior for the first time, and a lot of it doesn't work.