MPC56XX link error

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC56XX link error

Contributor I

IDE is codewarrior 10.5.  Processor is MPC5644A.

Errors(3 item)
Linked failed.
Linker command faile output section '.ivor_branch_table' has a type or input which is incompatible with section '.ivor_branch_table' in file 'C:\workspace\w20\FLASH\ivor_branch_table_c.obj'. Change the type or add an input for this.
mingw32-make:***[w20_prj.elf] Error 1

Wating for ideas. 

Thanks. 

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

could you please show me, how your linker file looks like, especially ivor_branch_table section and also how the ivor_branch_table.c looks like?

In the figure below, there are correct files shown.

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_3.png

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

Contributor I

Hi,Martin,

In my project, the ivor_branch_table section and  the ivor_branch_table.c were created by the IDE 10.5 . I've solved that link error by deleted the (VLECODE) that was located in the GROUP as you showed in "exception_handlers". Actually , I still don't know the reason. And, my interrupt service program still can not run correctly. 

The whole project includes my RTI_led project ,bootloader project and host computer. Now ,the problem is my interrupt service program in RTI_led project which is run by bootloader can run only sevral times .Then ,it will die. I guess the reason is ivor_branch_table which is exist both in bootloader project and RTI_led project , so two ivor_branch_tables will cause conflict. What do you think?

Regards,

Le Wang

0 Kudos