cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC56F8037 Timer: counter input, what is the meaning

IPFC
Contributor II

Hello,

just did try to inplement the one shot mode, therefore i need a secondary timer source, i could do that, but it is not working for some reasons i dont know.

First i tried to init one normal counter with some normal timing like 1 ms or faster, it doesnt matter.

then i put the output on one pin, BUT on that pin i cannot meassure something, shouldnt i see the IRQ there, or somekind of changing from high to low and backwards, it just does happen nothing on that pin, and that is important, because i wanna use that output as the secondary input for the second timer in one shot mode.

So basically it will never work, because the only source i got for counter input is a timer, is that right???

Would be very nice to get some good support form freescale this time. I think noone is monitoring this forum, kind of sad, does look bad for freescale, atmel got a nicer support i guess...

but i had to go for the freescale :smileyhappy: poor me

greets

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

IPFC
Contributor II

ok, short but helping:

you have to tell the Timer to toggle the output flag, because this flag is what you see on the chosen output pin, that is all the magic behind...

still a little confused about the counter input pin thing. I heard, once upon a time you could tell the DSC to route those signals internally without using the peripheral GPIO pins, i dont know if that is true for sure, all i know is, that now you have to route it over some external pin usage, that is not quite good, but well we take what we get.

greetings

0 Kudos