cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Codewarrior 6.2 on a Widows 7 system

Jump to solution
UcTechnoGeek
Contributor II
Has anyone tried to use Codewarrior 6.2 and the USBDM on a Widows 7 system?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
natep
Contributor I

I was able to get Codewarrior 5.9.0 for HCS12(X) Microcontrollers running on Windows 7 x64 using the following steps.  It was such a pain to get working that I decided to share with the community.  Please note that I have experienced instability with this setup, but it generally works ok.  It seems to be faster than running Codewarrior for HCS12(X)  on Windows Virtual PC in Win XP Mode.  (Some of these steps were borrowed from a previous post.)

1) Install the p&e drivers version 10 from:

http://www.pemicro.com/blog/post.cfm/p-e-hardware-interface-drivers-version-10-windows-7

This includes drivers for all windows versions and windows 7 x86 and x64 too !!!

2) Copy from win32 intalled CodeWarrior (like xp 32bits) from Program Files\FrescaleCodeWarrior for S12(X) V5.0 to the c:\Program Files(x86)\Freescale\CodeWarrior for S12(X) V5.0

3) Now, this step is the MOST IMPORTANT:

Look at the file "Mwregsvr.exe" in the c:\Program Files(x86)\Freescale\CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers V6.1\bin and click the right button on this file, then click properties.

Now, in the compatibility tab,set the compatibility to WindowsXp (sp2) and set the checkbox

to run in administrator mode.

Now, click apply button then click OK button.

4) In the same folder, run once the file regservers.bat

When windows ask for the permisions, just click yes everytime.

5)  You may want to create a desktop icon at this point.

6)  If you have a node locked license, you may need to generate a new license file for the new setup since the Win x64 will have a different MAC address than your donor Win XP install or your Windows Virtual PC in Windows XP mode.  See the MyFreescale for how to do this.

7)  I could not get my USB Multilink (USB-ML-12E Rev C) to be recognized by the True Time Simulator & Real-Time Debugger, so I contacted PEMicro.  They provided me with an updated unit_12z.dll file.  Using this file (attached here zipped) to replace all other current versions of this file.  (The only version I had was at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CodeWarrior for S12(X) V5.0\Prog")

Now everything should work with Win x64.

Hope this helps anyone trying a work around with Win x64.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
68 Replies
OliveiraLA
Contributor I

Anyone tried it on the Windows 7 64-bit?

I'm getting the same problem as when running on Vista 64-bit.

Any solution?

0 Kudos
NINO
Contributor I

Hi

I tried to install Codewarrior on WIN 7 x64 bit Prof. edition, but the only one version that run correctly is Codewarrior V7.1 for Coldfire V2, in this moment i work with MCF52259EVB.

It is not possible to install Codewarrior v6.2 or latest version 6.3 because they are made for win x86 32bit OS, also if you change compatibility on precedent versions.

About driver problem for P&E tool cards I just got a newest driver with XP/Vista/7 32bit and 64 bit support. 
This driver is very new and isn't available on P&E or Freescale website yet.

But if you need just write me an e-mail at tecnosolar@telematicaitalia.it and i'll reply with the installation file that is 27Mb size.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
ck_max
Contributor I

Hi NINO,

Thanks for the information.

I've use Win7 32bits version, CodeWarrior 7.1 for Coldfire v2 and CodeWarrior 6.3 for HCS08 can install correctly.

And, I already fixed the problem of USB dongle(that's just a misunderstanding).

Everything works fine, but error when closing CodeWarrior(v6.2). There is application error and I need to kill the process of CodeWarrior IDE using TaskManager.

Anyway, thanks for you informations.

Regards,

Max. 

0 Kudos
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi UcTechnoGeek,

I've done some tests using 32bit version of Windows 7 (build 7100).

I was able to install and run CodeWarrior v6.2 without any problem.

Connections below were checked and seem to work correctly:

(Simple project was loaded into MCU flash, stepping, I/O pins control via debugger)

[HCS08 - EVB9S08DZ60 Starter Kit by Softec]

* Full Chip Simulator

* P&E USB Multilink

* Softec HCS08

* HCS08 OpenSource BDM

[CFv1 - PCF51AC256A]

* Full Chip Simulator,

* P&E USB Multilink

Stanish

Message Edited by stanish on 2009-08-31 11:52 AM
0 Kudos
Shaun001
Contributor I

Hi

I've installed CW IDE V5.70 HC(s)12 on win 7 64 bit (transfering to a new PC) . I've a dongle licence (FlexId) but the IDE doesnt see the dongle. I've got the latest win 7 drivers (Aladdin) for the dongle and when plugged in the dongle light turns on (no hardware issues).

I've put dongle licence file in the CW folder as well. This worked on an XP 32 bit machine.

Any solutions out there ??  Is it a 32 to 64 bit problem?

0 Kudos
lumen
Contributor III

Hi

I've got a similar problem like Shaun001.

I've installed CW V7.2 on win 7 32bit and the IDE was working with the Evaluation license.

After the Evaluation periode I did install the tool flexLM and the dongle. With the latest drivers for the dongle

the dongle is displayed in the FlexLM Tool and seems to work and the red light on the dongle is on as well.

I was working with CW V6.4 before on a XP 32bit machine with a dongle license.

The IDE doesn't see the dongle although the dongle license file is in the CW folder.

I think it is not a 32/64bit issue.

Any other thoughts?

0 Kudos