cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW2.7.3 - SC1400 - Linking against ROM

dcolby
Contributor I
Hello,

I have a program that is split into two parts: a ROM image and a RAM image that can 'patch' the ROM. I'd like to be able to set up a RAM code project that can link against the already ROMed code.

I currently can envision two potential ways of doing this:
1) Parse the ROM's resulting eld or map file to create a asm symbols file, and include the asm file in the RAM project.
2) Creative use of the .unit LCF directive to allow a single project to generate two eld files -- one for the RAM and one for the ROM.

The problem with #1, is having to create a custom utility to do this (maybe one already exists?).
The (possible) problem with #2, is that I'm not sure that I can guarentee a project rebuild would always locate the ROM symbols in the same place. The advantage with #2, is that I have the luxury of only maintaining one project, and don't have to import all of the ROM projects headers into the RAM project.

My question: has anybody ever tried to do something like this, or have any throughts on the above? Maybe there's a better way to do it.
I'm nervous about solution #2, for the reason mentioned above, and because I have not found very much documentation on .unit.

Thanks,
David

--
Alban Edit: Please always include FSL Part Number in Message Subject line.
http://forums.freescale.com/freescale/board/message?board.id=FORUMUSE&message.id=865

Message Edited by Alban on 2007-10-16 04:34 PM
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hello and Welcome,

Please read the 2 following posts and reply to them here.

1. [IMPORTANT] When Asking about CODEWARRIOR !!!
  2. [IMPORTANT] Reminder of Rules to post on technical boards

Then, we all can start to think about your problem.

Regards,
Alban.
0 Kudos

dcolby
Contributor I
Codewarrior version is 2.7.3.

The processor is SC1400 based.

Thanks,
David

Message Edited by Alban on 2007-10-16 04:33 PM
0 Kudos