Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCS: USB OPEN FAILURE  Error.

Jump to solution
Kanthi
Contributor II

Hello Pascal,

There is a problem with my Debugger it is giving: "CCS:USB OPEN FAILURE" while loading the debugging data. 

Green light is glowing when I connect the USB TAP (ONCE) to the system. But i am not able to load the data for debugging.

Can you please help me in this regard.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please try with the last version:

CodeWarrior for DSC56800E v8.2.3

I don't remember when Vista was supported by CodeWarrior For DSC.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
25 Replies
stalisman
Contributor III

We had between 4 and 6 USB Taps that went squiffy over a period of about 4 weeks on different machines, out of the blue with no rhyme nor reason behind it.  We sent them back for investigation under warrenty.    We  recieved new units which worked fine.  We find it hard to believe that they were damaged but we never did get a final answer.

I did wonder if it was some form of window's issue as restoring to a previous backup point seemed to improve things.

The bottom line though is that a new physical unit is your quickest way out of the problem.

0 Kudos
kanu__
Contributor III

hi ,

I have already tried the same board in another machine with Windows Xp . But it is working fine. 

I don't know why this kind of dependency in this process.

/Kanu__

0 Kudos
stalisman
Contributor III

As part of the enumeration process Windows creates registry keys that link each individual usb tap to its driver.

Unfortunately windows leaves relics of old taps around in the registry.

It is possible for taps to get miss linked if you let windows install a driver automatically.  I did a search on VID_15A2 and found 13 taps in my registry 12 were relics.   The last one no 0054 utilised oem54.inf as a link to its driver, 9 of the others used usdtap.inf as their link, yet three used oem54.inf for some reason.

I have seen Windows get into a mess before when usb devices with the same (Vid,Pid,Serial No)/Driver_Version get mixed up, sometimes on different usb ports.

It wouldn't supprise me in the slightest if some form of registry corruption wasn't behind some, but not all usb tap problems. 

I did purge my registry last time it went 'belly up' but I'll leave these relics for now as things aren't broken at the moment.

Perhaps freescale could produce a Registry Cleaner?

If a  tap is working on a system: create a 'Restore Point' just in case.

0 Kudos
v_dave
Contributor IV

Hello,

I have been having a number of USB Tap issues lately as well.  I have been developing for 2 years now and the last week or so I have been constantly getting:

USB Open Failure

Core Not Responding

Network Timeout

and a few other errors.  They don't seem to be consistant.

Anyways, how did you uninstall the drivers?  Did you simply reinstall new ones over the top? Or did you get a file list and delete the files inividually?

I am using Codewarrior  for DSC56800/E 8.1.1a and I just downloaded the latest (8.2.2?) so I am hoping that installing this will update the drivers.

0 Kudos
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The new driver can be donwloaded on the web site.

Please have a look to the link:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/overview.jsp?nodeId=012726006178821410

CodeWarrior Development Studio for Freescale 56800/E Digital Signal Controllers Version 8.2.3

You can download this version on our web site via the link:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=CW-56800E-DSC

For details please have a look in:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=CW-56800E-DSC&tab=In-Depth_Tab

In the download tab you can download the Special Edition or the Evaluation.

The Special edition contains the special edition license limited to 32 kb of Code.

We recommend you to download the Evaluation edition.

A Professional Evaluation license is provided for first 30 days.

After 30 days the product will function at the Special Edition level.

If you need another version of the license please contact your local distributor.

You can purchase it directly from the web site too.

We changed the pricing and packaging structure for Codewarrior Tool.

Now there are 4 suites:

special (free version)

basic

standard

professional

Please refer to the link for details:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/overview.jsp?nodeId=0127262E703BC5

Go to the www.freescale.com and click on My Freescale.

After you were logged, select CodeWarrior Licensing under MY Secure Application.

In the new dialog you can manage your license file.

Keep in mind you can have several versions installed on the same PC.

There is only one restriction: install them on separate folder.

If you're using an old version, please backup your project before to try it with this new version.

If you will meet some compatibility issue you could back to the older version without problem.

For the patches, please use the link :

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/overview.jsp?nodeId=01272600617882

Regards

Pascal

0 Kudos