cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migrating from MC9S08GT60 to MC9S08GT60A

Yetao
Contributor I
Hello all,
:smileyvery-happy: I get some problems for the compatibility for 60-series... Hope some one can help me out.

Seems some library code doesn't support the migrating from MC9S08GT60 to MC9S08GT60A.

My experiment as following:
-The testing boards are standard freescale 13192-EVB boards, one is using the GT60 processor, while the other one is using the GT60A processor.

-Except the processor, the rest of the boards are completely same, including the circuits and the components (To make sure the only difference is from different type of processors).

-Both boards are loaded with the same executables, and force the processors into stop3 mode. So in this case, the processors should behave the same and don't perform any actions.

The conclusion is that, the processor MC9S08GT60 does go to the stop3 mode, and cost very little current (several uA), basicall I am sure about this.
However, the MC9S08GT60A have different current consumption with the same piece of code (much higher). To mention, the MC9s08GT60A processor follows the logic designed by the code.

So my idea is that, some of registers couldn't be recognized by the A-type processor, and leave some I/O pins floating.

My development studio is CodeWarrior v5.0 and service pack up to 11/22/2005. And I only find MC9S08GT60.h file in the directory and there's no file named as MC9S08GT60A.h. Is this the case ? 

Do you guys get any clues for this migrating incompatibility ?

Yetao

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Yetao
Contributor I
Hi jtjans,
You are right. After some experiments, I may have some guessing for the migration from MC9S08GT60 to MC9S08GT60A.
1. Since all the stack and I/O mappings are not changed so that all the logics keep the same;
2. Some input impedance for pins may have been changed , thus injecting more current for 60A than for 60 type.

Based on my measurement, the impedance change is significant, do you have the same feeling?

Pity thing is that, I couldn't find any open source documents to reveal these,  check  pin by  pin  is  really time-consuming..

Best :smileyhappy:

Yetao

0 Kudos

jtjans
Contributor I
 Hi Yaeto

Not sure why the current in stop3 is worse in the a version but I know there are significant differences between the GT16 and GT16A which ai have ported.  Make sure ALL unused ports are inputs with pullups when in stop 3.  this includes all ports not brought out to pins in the GT package.  I do this with the GT16A and get approx 1 microamp in stop3.

jtjans
0 Kudos