mapping addresses into Tekmos PRU

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mapping addresses into Tekmos PRU

teejsd
Contributor I
Got the Tekmos PRU so I can use Ports B & C while in expanded mode. Have read and re-read the data sheet (a near word-for-word copy of the old Motorola PRU data sheet). Understand I need to pull lines A8-A11 low while writing the INIT register. However, do not see how these lines interface with the PRU. Too bad there's no real schematic in that data sheet. Anyone know where or how these address lines attach to the PRU or if this was some unfortunate typo?!!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

teejsd
Contributor I
Sorry!...MC68HC11E9....finally found someone at the old chat site who broke the PRU down for me.
Apparantly, I will map into the entire $1xxx block if I just write to the default (preloaded) PRU address value while I have the MC68 pointing to the same address (i.e. have A8-11 pulled low). As I understand it, this will map my PRU to the corresponding ports in the MC68. If I decide to use any other external device that maps into the same memory block ($1xxx), I will need to CS' or use some other means to avoid bus contention, especially if the other device is a "reader".
Reading the PRU data sheet (virtually a word-for-word repeat of the old Motorola data sheet) confused me because it seemed to imply that A8-11 were somehow connected to the PRU when in fact they are not....and they are only pulled low so you can apparantly match the MC68 INIT address to the PRU INIT address. Man, that data sheet could really use a schematic along with that lame block diagram!
I'm still more than willing to take any advice (or schematics) offered on this subject since I have never installed/mapped a PRU before! Thanks! TJ
0 Kudos

RockyRoad
Contributor III

teejsd -

Could you give a few more details. This sounds like an HC11, but I can't tell for sure.

0 Kudos