free programmer

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free programmer

RChapman
Contributor I
This message contains an entire topic ported from a separate forum. The original message and all replies are in this single message. We have seeded this new forum with selected information that we expect will be of value to you as you search for answers to your questions.

Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:26 pm    

dear friends
i am needing a programmer for mc68hc908 family that i can build my self could you help me

Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:44 pm    

Its very simple, there is an app note on the subject, but I can't remember its number off the top of my head, however if you download the TBDML bundle from the download section (our low cost BDM cable) then you will be able to see how its done.

Our BDM cable is based on an HC08, its documantation shows how to program it using a MAX232 and some free software from P&E.

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:16 am    

Hi,

How to build a cable for the PC is in all HC08 datasheet.
To use the cable described, you can use CodeWarrior (CW SE is free).
Then:
Component Arrow Set Arget Arrow P&E Target Interface
In the PEDebug menu Arrow InCircuit Debug/prog.
The connection window will probably appear. Choose "Classe 3".
The soft will ask you to toggle Power to enter Monitor mode.

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:13 pm    

The HC08 family could be easily programmed by a simple interface using level shifter MAX232/ADM232 (or any other manufacturer) and some jewellery (some R/C and SSI ICs). The schematics,as mentioned before, are in every datasheet. What is really annoying is the requirement to switch off/on power to the debugged/programmed MCU by hand with Target Class 3. To avoid this you can connect DTR pin to the 232 level inverter IC too and then by using simple PNP BC327/636/638/640 transistor + let say 1K resistor you can get controlled the power supply automaticaly by the P&E SW (Go pemicro.com). Just select Target HW Class 1 - ICS ...

You can find all this info at freescale.com. Path: MCUs/HC(S)08/Family type/->Application Notes/ICS HW and so on. It trakes some time, but it pays off! Or search Documentation - MCU - All and you will find a lot even from HC05/HC11 that could be easily reusable with HC08 e.g a nice small RTOS...

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies