显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

Need Help with developing with MC13213 - newbie qn

4,940 次查看
leecw
Contributor I
Hi,

I have some basic qestions regarding the zigbee integrated transceiver and MCU - MC1321X models.

In order to develop my application, do i need to purchase the 13213-DSK as the cheapest solution?

Secondly, having flashed my code into the chip at the development board side, I need to move the transceiver to my own PCB with other integrated chips.
However, the MC13213 is so small and it doesn't look easy to desolder and solder into my own PCB. What if during the course of development i need to debug and move the chip around?

Anyone out there can help a newbie? thx

Message Edited by leecw on 2006-08-23 08:18 AM

标签 (1)
0 项奖励
回复
6 回复数

789 次查看
peg
Senior Contributor IV

Hi leecw,

The DSK is probably the best/cheapest/easiest way to make a start.

As for moving one of these chips around, forget it! There is 71 contacts under a 9x9mm package!

Solder it down then programme/debug it on the application board.

You can buy a hell of a lotta chips for the price of the equipment to rework this kind of stuff.

Regards David

0 项奖励
回复

792 次查看
fausto
Contributor I
If the MC1321 is not suited for cheap development, Then which device  do you recommend for moving forward?

Fausto

0 项奖励
回复

792 次查看
peg
Senior Contributor IV
Hi Fausto,

What I was saying before was this:

Yes go out and buy a DSK, play with it work out what you want then set it aside, make your own pcb and buy some chips to solder on to it. Don't go pulling the chip off the board in the DSK!

Regards
David

0 项奖励
回复

792 次查看
leecw
Contributor I
Hi, is it possible to program the chip without the DSK? I have the DSK, but would like to program a new MC13213 on my own PCB. which pins should I be using? anyone tried this before? 
0 项奖励
回复

792 次查看
leecw
Contributor I
Hi Peg,

thx for your reply. However, i will eventually need to move the MC13213 to my own PCB as i'm using it to develope my project. Now I'm wondering how i am going to even desolder it. Anyone tried it before? Can it be done manually at all?

Message Edited by leecw on 2006-08-24 07:06 AM

0 项奖励
回复

792 次查看
finedesigner99
Contributor I
Does Freescale have a simple Zigbee/802.15.4 sniffer program for its development boards?
Most companies that manufacture these wireless products provide a free program of this type, I can't seem to find one on the website? I see some full featured third party tools that cost a bunch of money, but I just want something basic, that I can perhaps modify to do specific things that fit my development. If something like this exists, can someone point me to it. I was hoping it would be something I could flash into either the 1392 or 93 dev boards.

Thanks!
0 项奖励
回复