Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC1322x Beestack: Problem with ZCL_ConfigureReportingReq

sverige
Contributor I
Hi

I am using BeeKit 1.9.2.
I tried to enhance the HA Temp Sensor Template by adding a second device instance and a Occupancy Sensing Endpoint (I implemented the missing occupancy cluster by myself)

I did configure reporting for all of my Sensors/Endpoints but only the original temperature endpoint actually sends a message after I call ZCL_SetAttribute.

I tracked down the problem to lie within the method ZCL_IsReportingAndChanged()
The check
if(!BeeUtilGetIndexedBit(pDeviceDef->pData, reportIndex))
fails in case of my configured endpoints but not in case of the template temperature endpoint.

I also found out that i can activate reporting for my other endpoints by setting their reportMask to 0x01 by default.

Since this is probably not the correct solution: What could I have done wrong when configuring the reporting of the endpoints?

In ZCL_ConfigureReportingReq there is a line, which I do not understand:
req.aCmdFrame[0].aReportableChange[0]= 0x03;
What does it mean?

Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Mads
Contributor V
Sverige,
In order for a report to be sent, you must first set up a binding (else the code does not know its destination)

But in this case you properly did not completely follow the instructions in the ZCLRM for adding a second ZCL endpoint (there is some structures you need to have 2 copies off)

br,
Mads
0 Kudos

sverige
Contributor I
Hi, Thanks for the reply.

No that is both not the case. I am able to send messages from the endpoint if i manipulate the report mask, so all endpoints are properly bound.

I also checked the instructions in ZCLRM again and I did already follow them.

I am still wondering about the req.aCmdFrame[0].aReportableChange[0]= 0x03; field in the template. What is this for?

I generally miss some documentation about the ZCL requests. They are only briefly described in ZCLRM. Is there any API documentation containing the usage of the funciton parameters?

greets

Message Edited by sverige on 2008-12-18 11:58 AM
0 Kudos