How to read the contents in EEPROM of mask version of MC68HC08AB16?

取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

How to read the contents in EEPROM of mask version of MC68HC08AB16?

2,286 次查看
ygning
Contributor I
Hi,Dears,
Do you tell me how to read the contents in EEPROM of Mask version of MC68HC08AB16.It is appriciated for your reply.

Best Regards,

Ning
标签 (1)
0 项奖励
回复
3 回复数

795 次查看
ygning
Contributor I
Hi,Dears,
Thanks for your reply.
I have the device's eight-byte security key when entering monitor mode,and I can read the contents of Mask device of AB16.But I can not read the contents of EEPROM.I read the datasheet of MC68HC08AB16,and I want to know whether the security code of EEPROM is the same as the device security code.
Thanks.

Best regards,

Ning
0 项奖励
回复

795 次查看
rocco
Senior Contributor II
Hi, Ning:

Yes, there is only one security code, and if you can read the mask-rom, then you have the correct code.

You should be able to read the EEprom the same way as you would read the rom or ram contents. The addresses that you would use should be the only difference. Could the problem be with the program you are using to read with?
0 项奖励
回复

795 次查看
rocco
Senior Contributor II
Hi, Ning:

Whether or not you can read the EEProm will depend on how the mask rom in the device was initially configured, and whether or not you have the eight-byte security key.

You can read the EEProm in monitor mode without the security key if:
1) Extended security was not enabled in the mask-rom, AND
2) EEProm security was also not enabled (EEMONSEC=0 in mask option register B).

In either case, the EEProm would be accessed in monitor mode. If either of these security features were enabled, then you will need the device's eight-byte security key when entering monitor mode in order to access the EEProm.
0 项奖励
回复