How to connect RS232 to the MC13213 on the SRB board?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect RS232 to the MC13213 on the SRB board?

Naaz
Contributor I
  1. I want to connect to the board using a simple rs232 program that I have written. Am I able to do that? I have written the program, I just don't know what program or set of library files I should be loading to the board to tell it to do a serial communication.
  2. I also need to interface some sensors with the board. My problem is I don't know which one of the Beekit or Codewarriror Applications I should be using. If I were to write a simple program that does a simple send and transmit, where should I add it? In what project?
  3. I cannot find any reference manual that has a coding sample that explains the coding steps. The precompiled applications are very specific.
Any help would be appreciated.

Message Edited by Naaz on 2008-02-26 10:47 PM
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

RickN
Contributor I
Hi Naaz,

Try using the BeeKit with the SMAC code base.  All SMAC code is provided in source format, so you can use it as an example to learn how to work with the MC13213.  You will also need CodeWarrior for MCU v6.x to build the application and program the MC13212 SRB. 

Check out AN3232 Accelerometer Demonstration with the MC13213 SRB (Sensor Reference Board).  This is a great demo to get started with.  Then you can work through the rest of the SMAC demos shown in AN3231.  Lots of great application notes and information on the Freescale website:  www.freescale.com/zigbee

Cheers,

Rick
0 Kudos

ImranChoudhary
Contributor I
Dear Rick,
    My application need mesh networking thats why I can not go for the SMAC. I'm using BeeStack 2006 with the SRB board.
    I want network up and running without any keyboard support as well as the Led.
Can you provide my some sort of code which does this and should by able to communicate with the other device, in the form of simple data sending and receive, the received data should be able to write to the UART?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Imran

0 Kudos