Hello Freescale community. I have what I hope is a pretty simple question. I am using a MC68HC705C8ACPE and want to change to the MC68HC705C8AFNE version. Can I use the same HEX file to program the FNE version.

取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

Hello Freescale community. I have what I hope is a pretty simple question. I am using a MC68HC705C8ACPE and want to change to the MC68HC705C8AFNE version. Can I use the same HEX file to program the FNE version.

904 次查看
mikefox
Contributor I

Hello Freescale community. I have what I hope is a pretty simple question. I am using a MC68HC705C8ACPE and want to change to the MC68HC705C8AFNE version. Can I use the same HEX file to program the FNE version. The only difference between the two is the package. I am changing from a 40 pin dip to a 44 pin PLCC. I have built a prototype board to test the new chip but can not get it to work. It seems that the MCU is not working. Is this because the program needs to be changed in some way?

标签 (1)
0 项奖励
回复
3 回复数

676 次查看
david_diaz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mike,

As far as I know it is not possible to use the same .hex file due to the pin mapping.

In this case I recommend to create a new project and copy all the corresponding files from the old one. Once copied, apply all the changes related to the pin mapping on the source code.

Please be aware that the MC68HC705C8AFNE is an obsolete part.

Have a great day. :smileyhappy:

Best Regards,

David

0 项奖励
回复

676 次查看
mikefox
Contributor I

David,

Thanks for your reply. Even though I am using the same MPU in a different package I can't use the same .hex file? The problem I have is I do not see where any pin mapping is done. All the inputs and outputs are defined but not by pin but by name only and when I assemble my program it does not ask me what package I am using. So.... I would think that .hex file would work for whatever package I am using. Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post. Do I need a different assembler?

0 项奖励
回复

676 次查看
david_diaz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mike,

I am glad to help. Please accept my apologies if my last response was not clear.

In case you are using exactly the same devices with different packages, please be aware about the pinout in order to use the same .hex file.

If the pinout configuration is exactly the same, I mean, if you are using the same pins contained in both devices, you can use the same .hex file.

If you are migrating from 40 pin DIP package to 44 pin PLCC package, I do not see any problem to do it :smileyhappy:

packages.jpg

Hope this information will be useful for you.

Have a great day.

David

0 项奖励
回复