cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HC08 programming questions

mauricio2346
Contributor II
hi!
i want to make a ics board board similar to multilink mon08 from pe micro. i download the an2317d application note about the low cost programming and debbuging options for mc68hc908 MCUs.

i have a big doubt about it: the table 1 (typical mon08-to-target mapping) has the information of the pins used in the monitor rom mode. with gp/gt families there's no problem but if i want to conect in that way other MCUs (jk/jl, kx, mr, qy/qt) the same pins have other configurations.

for example with jk MCUs, the MOD1, MOD0,DIV4 and SSEl pins have a resistor conected to each levels (vcc/gnd). the gp32 don't have this resistors (at least with MOD0 and MOD1 pins). it would work if i connect in series some 10k resistors as in the other MCUs?????

i want that this homemade MON08 connector be similar to this commercial version (cyclone or multilink). what i have to do about it???

thanks.
(Sorry for my english :smileyhappy:)
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

joerg
Contributor II
Hi mauricio2346
In fact the MON08 connector is not equal for all MPU's (who know why, and am not very happy with this!!). But anyhow we can not change that. I have built a programmer for the HC08 family HC(S)08-SPRMR in the description (manual) you can find how i did the jumper stuff. The pull up resistors are not critical (unless you go to a low value ( 4.7k)).
IF you want to create a MPU based unit, i would be interested to do a project for the HC08 family the works with a USB interface.

Saluti Joerg

PS. i can answer in German and Italian.
0 Kudos