cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freescale FAT Driver

SamLiu
Contributor I

Hi guys,

Has anyone used the FAT driver provided by Freescale for writting data into an SD card? If so, would you mind giving me some suggestions on the following questions? Thanks in advance!

(1) One weird thing that I found about this driver is that the time for writing the same amount of data (e.g. 500 8-bit data points) into the SD card keeps increasing as the data file gets larger and larger. Anyone knows why this would happen? Is there any way that can solve it?

(2) It seems that the driver can only create up to 16 different data files. Freescale says that some versions of the drivers have this problem. I used the latest one they sent, but still didn't work out. Anyone has the same experience?

(3) I wrote data into 16 data files to avoid the problem I described in (1). However, I noticed that some of the data files may get corrupted, therefore were not able to be read. Does anyone know why this would happen and how to solve it?

Again, thank you very much in advance. I will appreciate any suggestion or comments from you, even if you haven't used the FAT driver before.

Regards,

Sam

Message Edited by Sam Liu on 2009-11-23 04:02 PM
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

gustavod
Contributor III

The FAT File System of freescale with some bug fixes was posted on:

http://code.google.com/p/brtos/downloads/list

Now supports up to 512 MB and the list function is working correctly.

The corruption of files was also fixed.

Best Regards,

Gustavo

0 Kudos

pederalm
Contributor II
I have implemented a FAT/FAT32 driver downloaded from here. I have also written a SD-card driver supporting SD v1.x and SD v2.x including SDHC using some help from this site. I have excluded the application (main.c file), but I think that the files can be of big use anyway. I used a mc9s08dz60 to implement this.
Message Edited by pederalm on 2009-12-11 11:46 AM
0 Kudos

Richard777
Contributor I

Hi, check this page...

https://sourceforge.net/projects/microfs/

Best regards !

0 Kudos