FreeRTOS on HCS08

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreeRTOS on HCS08

jeffw
Contributor I
I've ported FreeRTOS to HCS08, and the project targets the SARD and EVB boards. I'm working on making SMAC compatible with this project.

Steps

1. Download and install FreeRTOS 3.2.4: FreeRTOS
2. Download the attached zip file
3. Unpack it into a temporary directory.
4. Following the FreeRTOS directory structure, move the sub-folders into their correct places.
5. Open the RTOSDemo.mcp project in CW 3.1.
6. Deploy to a Freescale SARD or EVB.

FreeRTOS-3.2.4-HCS08_Files.zip
Message Edited by dkindler on 2009-08-20 02:33 PM
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
149 Replies

TurboBob
Contributor IV

Starting to work with this a little.  I haven't gotten it running yet though.

Perhaps I am more lost than I thought.  The component doesn't seem to do much with the LCF file,  and as such doesn't hard-locate the bootloader code.  So,  does this component let me add the bootloader to an application,  or does it need to be built as a separate project (as just a bootloader)?

I have worked with both types of bootloader:

AN2295, serial bootloader is a separate project,  and is flashed into the CPU.  Then the application is downloaded in. 

The OSBDM has an internal USB bootloader that I successfully ported to a couple HCS08JM projects and is embedded in the application.

Let me know if I am way off-base,

Thanks!!

Bob

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The bootloader is a separate project, and then the application is downloaded in.

There are memory ranges restricted in the CPU component of Processor Expert (which then generates the .lcf file).

BK

0 Kudos

JimDon
Senior Contributor III
Care to post a link to the code?
0 Kudos

jsolar57
Contributor I
What are the requirements or recommendations for this RTOS?  Is it for 8kRAM or is there any possibility for 256 byte RAM?
0 Kudos

stevasway
Contributor III
Any HCS08 TCP/IP stack implementation for FreeRTOS?

Bye
Stevasway
0 Kudos

arskii
Contributor I
I have problems compiling FreeRTOS. I followed the instructions, but when I try to compile, I get this error 10 times:

"Error : C2450: Expected: ; "

for this line in portable.h:

"portSTACK_TYPE *pxPortInitialiseStack( portSTACK_TYPE *pxTopOfStack, pdTASK_CODE pxCode, void *pvParameters ); "

My CodeWarrior version is 5.7.0 and it converts automatically CW 3.1 projects to newer version. Maybe this is the reason for the problem??
0 Kudos

tranvkhoa
Contributor I
Maybe it's because your CW is special edition. If so, you should buy the pro edition. Do you have FreeRTOS for HCS08 or HC08? If you have the one for HC08, please send to me at tranvankhoa@gmail.com. Thanks.
0 Kudos

arskii
Contributor I
I have CW Standard Edition and FreeRTOS for HCS08.
0 Kudos

erooll
Contributor II
Hi Jeffw.
Could you send me the RTOS for HC08 or give me a link to download this file, I'm working in this kind of microcontrollers in CW5 and I'm very interesting in this topic, but I don't have information about it,
Thanks a lot.
0 Kudos

bespenschied
Contributor III
I am just curious if anyone has gotten the Free RTOS for the HC08 yet? I have seen several posts asking about it but have not seen any posts telling where it is. Anyone Know????
0 Kudos

mcolina_aimme_e
Contributor I
Dear bespenschied:

Back in april of this year I got a response from Rene Trenado regarding FreeRTOS.  He kindly offered me a ZIP file containing FreeRTOS for the HCS08 together with a set of instructions regarding its use.  The following message contains these instructions.  The ZIP file has been attached to this e-mail.  If you have any questions regarding FreeRTOS please refer them to Rene Trenado at rene.trenado@embeddia.com as I am not well versed in FreeRTOS. 

Best regards,

Miguel
2006-09-04

-----Mensaje original-----

De: Rene Trenado [mailto:rene.trenado@embeddia.com]

Enviado el: sábado, 08 de abril de 2006 2:28

Para: mcolina@aimme.es

Asunto: Re: FreeRTOS on HC(S)08

Hi,

Sorry for the late response. Here is the CW project that implements FreeRTOS to the HC08 / S08. The project was meant to be used for a S08 GB60/GT60 board with an 32kHz xtal. Please disregard the initialization of PORTF and the ICG on main.c

The sample application just creates two tasks (plus the IDLE task used by the RTOS). Each of them go to "sleep" at a different frequency. This is the simplest example I could think of (I have others of course).

To use the code I am sending to you just cut and past the FreeRTOS folder and GT60 HAL under sources of your project root folder. Rename the GT60 HAL folder to GP32 or whatever and provide your own TickTimer.h and TickTimer.c files (the Timer used by the RTOS to generate the tick interrupts). You just have to provide the following timer functions:

TickTimer_SetFreqHz( configTICK_RATE_HZ );

TickTimer_Enable();

which are called by port.c by the way...

If you have any questions or comments please let me know.

Saludos y que estes bien

(tambien hablo castellano)

Rene Trenado

FreeRTOS_HC(S)08_Version_1.0.zip

Message Edited by t.dowe on 2009-10-27 12:32 PM
0 Kudos

bespenschied
Contributor III
Miguel,

Thanks for the reply and the files. I used to use an RTOS on the 6811 and it was a good way to handle several programs I needed.
0 Kudos

rocco
Senior Contributor II
Hi, Jeff:

Will this port run on the HC08 (non-S) as well?

I don't see why not, but I'm not aware of all of the differences. I haven't used an HCS08 part yet, outside of the ZigBee kit (which we dumped).
0 Kudos

Trenado
Contributor I

I have a version of FreeRTOS for both the HC08 and S08. For the HC08 you just have to be careful on the ASM code that makes the context switch since that can be optimized using S08 instructions. Other than that, the code is very similar. Let me know if you are interested I can post it here.

RT.

0 Kudos

mcolina_aimme_e
Contributor I

Dear RT:

I'm interested in your FreeRTOS for HC08.  I'm currently working on a project with the MC68HC908GP32 and would like to review your FreeRTOS for HC08 in order to consider using it on this chip.  Could you please post your FreeRTOS for HC08?  Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Miguel

0 Kudos

Trenado
Contributor I
I just sent you a copy of the RTOS to your personal email.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Regards
RT
0 Kudos

bespenschied
Contributor III

I was wondering if you had ever posted the HC08 version of this RTOS on the forum? The link states it is for the HCS08. Are they the same?

Thanks!

Brian

0 Kudos

tranvkhoa
Contributor I
Dear everybody

Could anybody tell me how to port the FreeRTOS on HCS08 to HC08 (GZ60)?

Thanks,
Khoa
0 Kudos

tranvkhoa
Contributor I
Is there any message related to license limitation error?
0 Kudos

arskii
Contributor I
No licence errors. Only that one error 11 times, not 10 as I told before..
0 Kudos

imajeff
Contributor III
RT,

You could also submit a version of the RTOS to the "8-Bit Microcontroller Community".

Thanks
0 Kudos