Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during programming

Jump to solution
ignacio
Contributor I

Hi, 

I´m working on a project that uses the micro MC9S08DZ128MLL. I´m struggling quite a bit to debug the project. Right now I can´t debug any new code.

This is the console log:

Starting 3rd party flash programming...
GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : STARTUP, Entry : SPECIFY_NETWORKCARD_ENABLED, Value : 0, R) => DI_OK
INF: Copyright 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems,Inc.
INF: Command Line :"C:\Freescale\CW MCU v11.1\eclipse\..\MCU\bin\de.exe" -noni -language en -ORBendPoint giop:tcp:127.0.0.1: -ORBtraceLevel 0 
GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : PEDEBUG, Entry : IS_GDB_CONFIG, Value : 0, R) => DI_ERR_NONFATAL
INF: CMD>RE
INF: Frequency change to ~9185878hz.
INF: Initializing.
INF: Target has been RESET and is active.
INF: CMD>CM C:\Freescale\CW MCU v11.1\MCU\bin\Plugins\support\hc08\gdi\P&E\9s08dz128.s8p
INF: Initializing.
INF: Frequency change to ~2297021hz.
INF: Frequency change to ~2045892hz.
INF: Frequency change to ~2250529hz.
INF: Frequency change to ~2009350hz.
INF: (Recommended TRIM=$00B1,FTRIM=0)
INF: Frequency change to ~15937500hz.
INF: (Bus Freq = 15964KHz)
INF: Initialized.
INF: ;version 1.04, 12/10/2009, Copyright P&E Microcomputer Systems, www.pemicro.com  [9s08dz128]
INF: ;device Freescale, 9S08DZ128, All 
INF: ;begin_cs 
INF: Loading programming algorithm ... 
INF: Done.(FCDIV=$CB)
INF: Programming sequency is : erase, blank check, program, and verify {default}
INF: CMD>VC
INF: Verifying object file Checksum16+CRC8 to device ranges ... 
INF:    block 00004000-00007B46 ... 
INF: Calculated Checksum16+CRC8 does not match block. (File = $01B45F, Device = $D7626E)
INF: CMD>EM
INF: Erasing.
INF: Module could not be erased. 
INF: CMD>PM
INF: Programming and Verifying.
INF: Processing Object File Data ... 
INF: Error during programming.
ERR: Error Programming flash of device
ERR: Error occured during Flash programming.
INF: Device is Secure.
INF: Device is secured. Erasing ...
INF:  Done.

I have a P&E USB Multilink debugger. 

Using CodeWarrior version:

CodeWarrior for MCU
Version: 11.1
Build Id:181224

Thanks!
Let me know if you need more info.

Nacho.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ignacio
Contributor I

Hi! 
I managed to flash this board before (with a different project). Now, I´ve been doing some tests and the problem seems to be that the binary size is too big. I noticed that the other project that flashed successfully was several kb smaller. In this case, the size is:

*********************************************************************************************
STATISTIC SECTION
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ExeFile:
--------
Number of blocks to be downloaded: 9
Total size of all blocks to be downloaded: 15244

This is to be flashed on a MC9S08DZ128MLL, seems like the program size for this micro is 16kb, so maybe due to rounding or other space taken by a bootloader, we can´t fit the entire program.

All of this is just a guess... I manage to flash the program if I start commenting out lines of code. A bit unfortunate that we don´t get an error code stating the real problem.

Does this make sense? Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Itzzamna_Supp
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello there!

I have validated the log you attached and I'm curious on the line that describes the next error:

Calculated Checksum16+CRC8 does not match block. (File = $01B45F, Device = $D7626E)

I'm afraid that the problem starts here which it probably means that the memory has been already flashed in secure mode, the memory has been protected and cannot be reprogrammed. Can you please confirm if you did the flashing in secure mode? Did you received this MCU from a 3rd party supplier that could have done the flashing?

0 Kudos
ignacio
Contributor I

Hi! 
I managed to flash this board before (with a different project). Now, I´ve been doing some tests and the problem seems to be that the binary size is too big. I noticed that the other project that flashed successfully was several kb smaller. In this case, the size is:

*********************************************************************************************
STATISTIC SECTION
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ExeFile:
--------
Number of blocks to be downloaded: 9
Total size of all blocks to be downloaded: 15244

This is to be flashed on a MC9S08DZ128MLL, seems like the program size for this micro is 16kb, so maybe due to rounding or other space taken by a bootloader, we can´t fit the entire program.

All of this is just a guess... I manage to flash the program if I start commenting out lines of code. A bit unfortunate that we don´t get an error code stating the real problem.

Does this make sense? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Itzzamna_Supp
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes, that makes sense. Hopefully, with some adjustments it can completely fit.

0 Kudos