CodeWarrior for MCU

キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 
823件の閲覧回数
kamalgendi
Contributor II

I am trying to develop a project based on the MC9S08SH8CPJ 20 pin plastic DIP chip installed in the DEMO9S08SH8/SG8 evaluation board by Axiom, using CodeWarrior for MCU Version: 10.6 Build Id:140329 but the closest chips I could pick were the MC9S08SH8CFK and the MC9S08SH8MFK. Would either be OK or is there anything else I need to do or add to my installation? I am using a 64 bit version of Windows 7 Pro on an HP DC7900 SFF desktop.

タグ(1)
1 解決策
704件の閲覧回数
vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes you are right, the QFN package has 4 NC pins, so the pins are the same that the DIP 20, so you should have not problem to use PE to develop your code,

Please let me know if you have more questions

Regards

元の投稿で解決策を見る

5 返答(返信)
704件の閲覧回数
kamalgendi
Contributor II

Hi Vicente,

Thanks for getting back. I do appreciate it.

Sorry for not making my question clearer, but the fact is that I only work with DIP 20 packages. The demo board has one and all my projects use the DIP 20 package. As a matter of fact, I do have a decent supply of the chip in that package.

My question is software related, not hardware. I have been developing projects for this chip for a while, using the classic CodeWarrior on a 32 bit Windows XP where I actually found the exact chip. CodeWarrior for MCU version 10.6 does not have the exact chip to select when starting a project. The closest matches I found where the MC9S08SH8CFK and the MC9S08SH8MFK, so my question, in other words, is if I can pick one of the available chips to develop a project suitable for the MC9S08SH8CPJ? If so, which chip? If not, what can I do to have support for the MC9S08SH8CPJ available in CodeWarrior for MCU version 10.6?

Hoping you can enlighten me.

0 件の賞賛
704件の閲覧回数
vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thanks for the information.

If you are not using PE or device initialization, you can use any chip, but if you are using PE you can use it, but you need to that care that PE did not set any pin that is not available on your device DIP20 

have a good day 

704件の閲覧回数
kamalgendi
Contributor II

Hi Vicente,

I have always used Processor Expert and Device initialisation, with absolute assembly when developing projects on the classic edition. I am hoping I can continue to use them on the new IDE, along with C.

Do I understand that selecting, say the MC9S08SH8CFK with its 24 pin QFN package should be OK for developing code for the MC9S08SH8CPJ 20 pin DIP? There are identical pins on both packages and four NC pins (2, 20, 21 & 22) on the QFN package.

I hate to be a pain, but moving from one familier IDE to a completly diffrent one, even if they have the same genric name, is kind of daunting, especially if I am going to be using a diffrent language on the new IDE. I just want to make sure I am starting correctly.

0 件の賞賛
705件の閲覧回数
vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes you are right, the QFN package has 4 NC pins, so the pins are the same that the DIP 20, so you should have not problem to use PE to develop your code,

Regards

704件の閲覧回数
vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I am not sure if I got properly the question, you have the SH8 demo board that has a DIP 20 package but your final design will be using a different package? if this is the case, yes you can develop on the demo board and test it,

Is it what you need?

0 件の賞賛