显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

Bootloader Problem on ZSTAR RD3152 Board

1,858 次查看
mjo
Contributor I
Hi,

I am using two ZSTAR-Kits (RD3152MMA7260Q). On one board, application and bootloader works fine, like described in the reference manual. But on the second board only the application mode is o.k.. If I setup the board for the bootloader mode, Windows driver detects the bootloader correctly, but the hc08sprg.exe from AN2295 fails.
It seems to be a problem with the baud rate, the hc08sprg stops with the following message:

Can't setup serial port (COM8 @ (null))

I have already tried to setup several manual baud rates but it does not work. Even with a terminal program it is impossible to setup a proper connection. The serial protocol stops during the baudrate setup mechanism.
Are there existing different versions of the bootloader or hc08sprg ? Is there a special baud rate I can test?

Thanks,
Martin

标签 (1)
0 项奖励
回复
2 回复数

418 次查看
ok2ucx
Contributor IV
Martin,

the COM port emulation over USB (in ZSTAR case) does not care anything about the baudrate (simply it has no sense).

The reason why hc08sprg.exe can't open (setup) the port is probably somewhere in the way how Windoze handles the COM emulation, using usbser.sys.

You can replicate this behaviour even when ZSTAR works normally:

1. Plug ZSTAR
2. Open (Connect) the ZSTAR COM port e.g. with HyperTerminal
3. Unplug ZSTAR (this causes the trouble)

4. Disconnect HyperTerminal
5. Plug ZSTAR (you'll see it in Device Manager)

6. Open (Connect) the ZSTAR COM port e.g. with HyperTerminal

--- here the COM port won't open until you unplug and replug the ZSTAR.

In the other words, ZSTAR USB can only be correctly unplugged if no application is using it (has the ZSTAR COM port open).

I'm not really sure whether this scenario can be fully applied to what you observe. Effectively, if the PC sees the ZSTAR COM port correctly, it also should see the bootloader COM port correctly. Both use the same code, same usbser.sys driver, only PID/VID pair is different (thus you see different name and COM port number).

Hope that helps.

Regards, Pavel ok2ucx

Freescale Roznov. p.R., CZ

Message Edited by ok2ucx on 2007-05-24 03:06 PM
0 项奖励
回复

418 次查看
mjo
Contributor I
Thanks! After serveral plug in, plug out procedures with and without bootloader mode the bootloader answered! Now it works fine.

best regards
Martin
0 项奖励
回复