802.15.4 MAC: Link Issues with Pools (Novice)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

802.15.4 MAC: Link Issues with Pools (Novice)

squeech
Contributor I
Hello everyone -

I am currently trying to develop a simple 802.15.4 application that mirrors the My_Wireless_App demo code. I am using a Panasonic PCB (PAN802154) that is connected just like the 13192SARD. I am using CodeWarrior 5.7.0

I am running into several perplexing issues with link errors when linking the MAC software into my application. Right now, my application is simple: with only a few states in a state machine and debug messages coming out the SCI. I had everything compiling/linking without any issues until I tried to add the Init_802_15_4() and Mlme_Main() tasks. Upon placing these in my code I received the following link errors in the attached errors screenshot.

I am pulling my hair out trying to uncover the source of these errors. I can't figure out why Init_802_15_4() is not defined anywhere! Also, I don't know what maMmPools, pSecondLastPool, and LastPool are...let alone where to define them properly.

From the screenshot, you can tell what files I've linked into the project. Am I missing anything?

Thanks in advance for any insights!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

squeech
Contributor I
Does nobody know what's missing from this application to make it link properly??
0 Kudos

UdovdM
Contributor I
Hello Squeech

void Init_802_15_4(void) is defined in
Freescale_802.15.4_MAC_PHY_SW_No_MAC_SW_Source_Code_Release_1.063\Demos\MyWirelessApp\src\Code\Sys\main.c (5,95kB , 14feb2005) line 90:

// If the code is build as a stand-alone application, this function is
// the main entry point.

#if defined( INCLUDE_802_15_4 )
  void Init_802_15_4(void) {
#else
  void main(void) {
#endif INCLUDE_802_15_4

I don't know wether INCLUDE_802_15_4 is defined or not.

What do you mean by "a simple 802.15.4 application that mirrors the My_Wireless_App demo code" ?

Another newbie,

UdovdM
0 Kudos

squeech
Contributor I

UdovdM wrote:
Hello Squeech

void Init_802_15_4(void) is defined in
Freescale_802.15.4_MAC_PHY_SW_No_MAC_SW_Source_Code_Release_1.063\Demos\MyWirelessApp\src\Code\Sys\main.c

Does this mean that I need to always define Init_802_15_4() on my own? I understood that function to be part of the MAC software according to the User's Guide. Do I need to include the main.c file from the Demo Application as a library source to my application?

What do you mean by "a simple 802.15.4 application that mirrors the My_Wireless_App demo code" ?

Another newbie,

UdovdM

All I'm trying to accomplish at this point is running an application that does an ED Scan and creates a new PAN. I will then try to go on an write the complement to associate to the new PAN on another device.

I don't want to go any farther with the application until I know that I can link in all of the libraries, etc. for the 802.15.4 MAC/PHY.

Note: My main application code does not contain ANY 802.15.4 function calls at this point. I am only running some SCI init and a simple state machine spitting out debug messages on the SCI. My code works perfectly and compiles/links with no messages until I add the Mlme_Main() and Init_802_15_4(). Specifically, the Mlme_Main() addition to the main code is when all of the troubling messages about pools comes up.

Help! I lost three more hairs this weekend!

Thanks!
0 Kudos