Target error from Commit Flash write: Eg(-1). Flash image too large for this license.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target error from Commit Flash write: Eg(-1). Flash image too large for this license.

paoloboniforti
Contributor II

Hello,

Some months ago I activated a free copy of LPCXpresso I used regularly without problems.
Yesterday, after a critical crash of LPCxpresso, when I try to launch the debugger, open this message:

In the "Display license type" " section appears the regularly registered license

(256K LIMIT) but hte debugger say :"LPCXpresso Free License - Download limit is 8K (UNREGISTERED)"

I've already tried re-running the recording, also deleting license files from the shared / NXPLPCXpresso folder but the result is always the same ... :-(
I use OSX Sierra (10.12.6) ...
Somebody can halp me? it is VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!

PaoloB.
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

No, sorry, MCUXpresso IDE only supports the use of Cortex-M based parts (not the old ARM7 based parts like the LPC2000 families).

When you deleted the license, what did you actually try deleting? I would recommend removing the whole directory - as described in https://community.nxp.com/message/630900 

For general information on how to solve this issue, please see:

License restriction: Flash image too large for this license 

though much of this is Windows specific.

Regards,

LPCXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

paoloboniforti
Contributor II

we've try to re-register ... nothing change :-(

we have delete the license file too ... but the debugger not work .

we are coding for LPC2134 , it is compatible with MCUXpresso? (may be not ..)

What we can do?

PaoloB.

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It sounds like your license file got corrupted. You had to login to register LPCXpresso to get the free activation code (256KB download limit). You should be able to use the same activation code. If for some reason it doesn't work, create a serial and re-register. Note the MCUXpresso IDE has no download limit.

Thanks and regards,

MCUXpresso Support

0 Kudos

paoloboniforti
Contributor II

LPCXpresso version 8.2.2.650 (for OSx)

0 Kudos