Vector Redirection for MC9S08DZ60

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vector Redirection for MC9S08DZ60

zonglinyao
Contributor I

Hi everyone,I need a bootloader to upgrade application through can on MC9S08DZ60,  I found some references on website, now I'm confused about the Vector Redirection, somebody says the bootloader and application use the same vector table which redirected to unprotected flash region. But I think they use individual vector table, bootloader uses the default one locate at 0xFFC0 to 0xFFFF, app uses the one redirected to 0xFDC0 to 0xFDFD(assume 512 Bytes of flash are protected ).

Who can tell me the right answer.

Best Regards!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

bootloader and application use the same vector table. Normally only the reset vector is not redirected.

after the vector redirection, other higher address(except reset vector address) are for bootloader code.

does this answer your questions?
Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

zonglinyao
Contributor I

Hi,

thanks for your answers, means that in bootloader I can't use interrupt, is it right?

Best Regards!

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI,

Because Block protection protects the original interrupt vector table from being overwritten. bootloader user table is used for vector relocation. thus all the standard interrupt vectors are pointing to this table with JMP instructions.

in bootloader you can use interrupt, when interrupt occurs the vector is fetched from protected memory and directs execution to continues at the corresponding JMP instruction in the bootloader user table.

you can refer this document for bootloader programming, in this application, bootloader and application are combined in one project.

Bootloader for HCS08

or you can also refer an2295,

http://cache.nxp.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/app_note/AN2295

http://cache.nxp.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/app_note/AN2295SW.zip

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos