Default screen rotation using imx6

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default screen rotation using imx6

kevin_chaves
Contributor III

I was curious if there is a way to set up the "normal" orientation of a screen during the board init. I did find some examples but I haven't found anything that explicitly states its compatible in kernel code. This is because our company got a portrait style screen from ortus and we only plan on displaying everything in landscape.

It might just be easier to rotate the splash screen image, and find a way to rotate the screen in userspace before our application starts. But if there is an easier way to set a default that would be better.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Kevin

We have not got your response yet and will close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

kevin_chaves
Contributor III

I do not have an answer for this issue yet.

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Hi Kevin

I am going to branch your question into an internal group and have someone to answer.

Regards,

Yixing

0 Kudos

juangutierrez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Maybe info here iMX portrait mode can help if not using GPU.

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Kevin

We are sorry for getting back to you so late. Are you still stuck with the issue? If you have somehow to resolved the issue, can we close the discussion? If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos