cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem going from CW10.3 to 10.4

Jump to solution
pk2
Contributor III

I have a project that runs fine on a K52 that was built using CW10.3  When I build the same project in CW10.4, it only works with the debugger running.  When I try to run the code out of flash, without the debugger, the CW10.4 version does not run.  Without the debugger attached, I can't tell what is wrong.

I do not know if this is the problem but when building in CW10.4 I get 2 additional warnings:

Description: C:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.4/MCU/ARM_GCC_Support/ewl/EWL_C/include/ctime ignoring #pragma options align [-Wunknown-pragmas]

Resource: Myproject

Location:  line 307, external location: C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.4\MCU\ARM_GCC_Support\ewl\EWL_C\include\ctime

Type: C/C++ Problem

and...

Description: C:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.4/MCU/ARM_GCC_Support/ewl/EWL_C/include/ctime ignoring #pragma options align [-Wunknown-pragmas]

Resource: Myproject

Location:  line 45, external location: C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.4\MCU\ARM_GCC_Support\ewl\EWL_C\include\ctime

Type: C/C++ Problem

lines 45 and 307 are..

45   #pragma options align=native

307  #pragma options align=reset

Does anyone have an ideas what the problem(s) could be?

Gary

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ben
Senior Contributor I

Gary, a month ago I saw the same question which has been solved by a community member. Check if it helps

Codewarrior MQX example not running as a stand alone mode (without Debugging)

Ben

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I saw a recent report where an application was not running without the debugger attached. The problem was that the 'semihosting' libraries were used. With semihosting the library (printf(), etc) tries to communicate with the debugger, otherwise it blocks. So make sure your project is *not* using semihosting. Check your project settings, under C/C++ Build > Settings > Librarian: it shall not use one of the 'hosted' options.

0 Kudos
hlenahan
Contributor I

A thousand times this. I'd been practically pulling my hair out trying to figure out why my TWR-K20D72M code wouldn't start up without the debugger attached. This was the issue. And of course I couldn't find it posted until after I'd already figured it out...

0 Kudos
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gary,

If the problem is not solved, don't hesitate to contact us.

CW for MCU V10.5 was released last week.

You can download it from our web site:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=CW-MCU10

Last MQX V4.0.2 can be downloaded via:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/overview.jsp?code=MQXSWDW

Regards

Pascal

0 Kudos
pk2
Contributor III

For my application I need at least the Basic edition of CW.  Where can I find it?  Using the links above I only see the evaluation and SE editions.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Just one additional note: if you have a Basic Edition license for 10.3 or 10.4, you need to upgrade it to 10.5. The 10.5 release notes explain the steps.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The evaluation and the special edition are (binary) the same: the only difference is that the special edition does not install a license file, while the evaluation edition installs a full temporary license file for 30 days.

So you could install either of it, and then add the Basic Edition license to it. I recommend that you install the evaluation edition, then you have the full product for 30 days, and then you can use the basic edition with it.

I hope this helps?

0 Kudos
pk2
Contributor III

Thanks Erich for the information.  I filled out the request to get the evaluation edition last week but no one has contacted me.  Any idea why this takes so long?

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi pk,

re-reading your request: is this about the evaluation license, or about the ability to download the software?

I heard reports that the web registration process is flawed and that it believes that export control is needed.

It seems that if you enter in the forms non-standard characters (umlaut, 'foreign' characters), then you are not able to download the software :-(. so maybe this is your issue?

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi pk2,

no idea :-(. Maybe your request got lost?

I'll contact you directly in order to help you out, but I suggest that you file again a request.

Sorry about that,

Erich

0 Kudos
pk2
Contributor III

Pascal -

It is still nor resolved.  It is frustrating me that it does not work.  I will try CW10.5 and see if that solves my problem.

0 Kudos
Ben
Senior Contributor I

Gary, a month ago I saw the same question which has been solved by a community member. Check if it helps

Codewarrior MQX example not running as a stand alone mode (without Debugging)

Ben

0 Kudos