cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenSDA Flasher works, but Debugger does not work

Jump to solution
quevedo
Contributor V

I have a Freescale FRDM board, with a KL25 target processor and OpenSDA interface. In the beginning it was working fine, but now the DEBUG-APP_Pemicro_v102.SDA app is not working, although the MSD-FRDM-KL25Z_Pemicro_v107.SDA works OK.

What I mean is, I can load the flasher (MSD) app to load a SREC file, and the board will accept it (the program will load and start running). However, if I load the debugger (DEBUG) app and try to debug a project (I tried that with a project that was previously working fine), I get an error window (file OpenSDAError.jpg attached), and then when I click OK I get a window asking me to select the connection I want to use. If I retry connection, I get another error (file OpenSDAError2.jpg attached). I am using CodeWarrior 10.3 Beta.

When I plug the board with the debugger app previously loaded, I can see the CDC and debugger devices in my hardware manager (windows XP 32-bits), and the bootloader mode accepts the app files. I tried to reinstall the drivers, but I don't know what can be going wrong.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
quevedo
Contributor V

I was already using 10.3 before the problem occurred, in both computers. I just reinstalled it in the computer where the problem appeared, and now it is working OK.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
quevedo
Contributor V

Now I am using CW10.4, and OpenSDA is working fine with the board that I had to replace the KL25 from!

0 Kudos
FarhanH
Contributor III

I have run into the same problem with the K20 freedom board (after the first debug, all subsequent debugger connections fail). There has to be a way to fix this without re-installing CW 10.3. I have the latest version with all the updates.

0 Kudos
FarhanH
Contributor III

Ok, I have a partial workaround for this. If I leave the debug connection as USB Multilink and terminate/remove my debug sessions, I should be ok. I just have to select OpenSDA every time the P&E connection manager window pops up (this gets annoying). If I select OpenSDA as the connection under the debugger options or create a new OpenSDA option, it stops working permanently.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

If you cannot connect, that P&E connection manager shows up, and here you can choose your new connection.

But this new connection is only temporary: if you debug again, it tries to connect to the previous connection.

To change it permanently, go into the debug/run configuration and change it to the new (permanent) settings.

See http://mcuoneclipse.com/2013/04/15/a-new-freedom-board-frdm-k20d50m-with-arm-cortex-m4/

for how to change the connection.

Pay attention that you select 'SWD' (Single Wire Debug): I occasionally have missed it, and then the connection does not work. I believe this is what you are seeing.

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
FarhanH
Contributor III

Thanks! The SWD checkbox seems to be the key.

0 Kudos
apanecatl
Senior Contributor II

Hi Antonio, the first error screenshot leads me to believe you might have selected the wrong package while you were creating your project, please make sure you are selecting the MKL25Z128 variant as shown in the image.

2852_2852.png

quevedo
Contributor V

That was the first thing I had checked. Target was correct. Also, other projects that were previously loading presented the same errors.

I tried the same projects in my home computer, and they loaded without any problems. Thus, I supposed that CW installation in my office computer got corrupted somehow.

I reinstalled my CW10.3 Beta in my office computer, and the problem did not occur anymore.

0 Kudos
apanecatl
Senior Contributor II

Well KL microcontrolles will only work with CW10.3, the KL variants are not included in CW 10.2

quevedo
Contributor V

I was already using 10.3 before the problem occurred, in both computers. I just reinstalled it in the computer where the problem appeared, and now it is working OK.

0 Kudos