I.MX8M MIPI-CSI2 voltage level

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I.MX8M MIPI-CSI2 voltage level

Contributor I

Hi ALL,

We are using I.MX8M in one of our solutions in which we are utilizing MIPI-CSI2 for acquiring CMOS Sensor Signals .

In the CMOS sensor datasheet, it is mentioned that VDD_MIPI is of 1.2V level, refer to the below image.

捕获.PNG

Whereas it is mentioned in Page 17 of I.MX8M datasheet that MIPI_VDDHA is of 1.8V level, refer to the below image.

捕获2.PNG

In Page 57 of I.MX8M datasheet , the max value of MIPI LP-RX   VIH   is 1.3mv, Is it a mistake or not?

Probably the value is 1.3V?

捕获3.PNG

We understand that both these rails are only the core voltage levels and does it not have any significance on the differential signaling levels and therefore this is not a conflict.

In our design ,we connect the sensor mipi differential signals directly to the MX8 processor without any voltage transfer circuit, Is there any problem?

If the max value of MIPI LP-RX   VIH   is 1.3V,  The sensor MIPI signals max output voltage is 1.2V, Is there any problem?

Kindly let us know whether our understanding is correct and help us make sure that our design is correct.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH~~~~

0 Kudos
3 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Wei Shi,

I confirmed that the 1.3mv is indeed a typo and should read 1300mV or 1.3V. This will be fixed on the next release of the documentation.

As of using the MPI sensor at 1.2v, it should work correctly as it’s within the required voltage to be read correctly.

Thank you for pointing out this error on the documentation!

Regards,

Contributor I

hi Gusarambula:

Thanks for your reply and confirmation,。

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Wei Shi,

The 1.3mv is most likely a typo and should be 1300mv or 1.3V, which would make 1.2V acceptable as it would be between the 0.8 and 1.3V threshold. However, let me double check that this is the case. I will let you know as soon as I have more information.

Regards,

0 Kudos