AnsweredAssumed Answered

ConfigTools problem with I2S

Question asked by Graham Haddock on Mar 22, 2020
Latest reply on Apr 4, 2020 by Graham Haddock

I am having trouble setting up an I2S peripheral in ConfigTools/Peripherals for iMX RT1020.

The ADC is I2S format, ADC is the source for all I2S clocks, L and R channel, 24 bits packed in 32 bit word, sample rate is 200 kHz.

Under SAI1/GeneralConfiguration/Record/Rx configuration/Bit clock (BCLK) configuration...

I have set Mode=Slave and it asks for a Slave input frequency, which should be 12.800 MHz, or 0xC35000

It will not accept any value I provide and shows error. My value is within the valid range in the error message.

I am blocked and can not proceed.

I note that:

1.) If I hover over the input box, it says type is string, while all other frequency boxes say type is integer or enum. Do I care?

2.) At the bottom of SAI1/GeneralConfiguration/Record/Data Configuration, I see that it says Calculated bit clock frequency is 6.4 MHz. I calculate that 2 words * 32 bits * 200000 is 12.8 MHz This seems broken.

I am using RT1020 EVK, and hardware hacking in a different ADC in place of CODEC. Is there something in the EVK board definition files somewhere that I need to over-ride? 

Outcomes