AnsweredAssumed Answered

SD32 Migration Issues

Question asked by Christopher Holland on Jan 14, 2020
Latest reply on Jan 16, 2020 by Andrei Chichak

Hi,

I am having trouble trying to migrate SD32 from S32 Design Studio for Power Architecture® 2017.R1 to SD32 Design Studio for Power Architecture v2.1. (Power Architecture)

My issue is that a project I had that used to compile, no longer wants to compile.

I eventually went back to S32 Design Studio for Power Architecture® 2017.R1 and I noticed the path to the VLE toolchain directory was different

When I reinstalled SD32 Design Studio for Power Architecture v2.1,

I noticed the VLE_TOOLCHAIN_DIR is ${eclipse_home}../Cross_Tools/powerpc-eabivle-4_9 which is not correct. 

It should be ${eclipse_home}../S32DS/build_tools/powerpc-eabivle-4_9 (if I am not mistaken. Please verify this)

I added the path in C/C++ Build Environment, then it seem to compile correctly, until it got to the  very end and complained about finding -lc. After reading another post(c++ - usr/bin/ld: cannot find -l - Stack Overflow )

I tried adding 'a' library path to C/C++ Build/Settings/Standard S32DS C Linker/libraries, but that causes more errors.

I say 'a' library path, because there are many to choose from. I tried them all.

libc.a libary path: C:\NXP\S32DS_Power_v2.1\S32DS\build_tools\e200_ewl2\lib

I downloaded what seems to be a cummulative patch for S32 [S32 Design Studio for Power Architecture v2.1 Update 7(REV UP7)], but there is no update.exe file, just .xml and .jar files. I'm not sure how to apply the patch/update.

Thanks for reading.

10:19:44 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project prj_mpc5746c ****
make -j4 all
Building target: prj_mpc5746c.elf
Invoking: Standard S32DS C Linker
powerpc-eabivle-gcc -o "prj_mpc5746c.elf" "@prj_mpc5746c.args"
./src/LIB.o: In function `LIB_print_memory':
C:\workspace\prj_mpc5746c\Debug/../src/LIB.c:112: undefined reference to `__ctype_ptr__'
C:\workspace\prj_mpc5746c\Debug/../src/LIB.c:112: undefined reference to `__ctype_ptr__'
C:/NXP/S32DS_Power_v2.1/S32DS/build_tools/e200_ewl2/lib\libc.a(vsnprintf.o): In function `vsnprintf':
e200_ewl2/EWL_C/src/stdio/vsnprintf.c:43: undefined reference to `__pformatter'
./Project_Settings/Startup_Code/startup.o: In function `_start':
C:\workspace\prj_mpc5746c\Debug/../Project_Settings/Startup_Code/startup.S:117: undefined reference to `__SRAM_SIZE'
C:\workspace\prj_mpc5746c\Debug/../Project_Settings/Startup_Code/startup.S:118: undefined reference to `__SRAM_SIZE'
C:\workspace\prj_mpc5746c\Debug/../Project_Settings/Startup_Code/startup.S:123: undefined reference to `__SRAM_BASE_ADDR'
C:\workspace\prj_mpc5746c\Debug/../Project_Settings/Startup_Code/startup.S:124: undefined reference to `__SRAM_BASE_ADDR'
./Project_Settings/Startup_Code/startup.o: In function `DATACOPY':
C:\workspace\prj_mpc5746c\Debug/../Project_Settings/Startup_Code/startup.S:136: undefined reference to `__DATA_SIZE'
C:\workspace\prj_mpc5746c\Debug/../Project_Settings/Startup_Code/startup.S:137: undefined reference to `__DATA_SIZE'
C:\workspace\prj_mpc5746c\Debug/../Project_Settings/Startup_Code/startup.S:143: undefined reference to `__DATA_ROM_ADDR'
C:\workspace\prj_mpc5746c\Debug/../Project_Settings/Startup_Code/startup.S:144: undefined reference to `__DATA_ROM_ADDR'
C:\workspace\prj_mpc5746c\Debug/../Project_Settings/Startup_Code/startup.S:147: undefined reference to `__DATA_SRAM_ADDR'
C:\workspace\prj_mpc5746c\Debug/../Project_Settings/Startup_Code/startup.S:148: undefined reference to `__DATA_SRAM_ADDR'
./Project_Settings/Startup_Code/startup.o: In function `SDATACOPY':
C:\workspace\prj_mpc5746c\Debug/../Project_Settings/Startup_Code/startup.S:160: undefined reference to `__SDATA_SIZE'
C:\workspace\prj_mpc5746c\Debug/../Project_Settings/Startup_Code/startup.S:161: undefined reference to `__SDATA_SIZE'
C:\workspace\prj_mpc5746c\Debug/../Project_Settings/Startup_Code/startup.S:167: undefined reference to `__SDATA_ROM_ADDR'
C:\workspace\prj_mpc5746c\Debug/../Project_Settings/Startup_Code/startup.S:168: undefined reference to `__SDATA_ROM_ADDR'
C:\workspace\prj_mpc5746c\Debug/../Project_Settings/Startup_Code/startup.S:171: undefined reference to `__SDATA_SRAM_ADDR'
C:\workspace\prj_mpc5746c\Debug/../Project_Settings/Startup_Code/startup.S:172: undefined reference to `__SDATA_SRAM_ADDR'
./Project_Settings/Startup_Code/startup.o: In function `bss_Init':
C:\workspace\prj_mpc5746c\Debug/../Project_Settings/Startup_Code/startup.S:266: undefined reference to `__BSS_SIZE'
C:\workspace\prj_mpc5746c\Debug/../Project_Settings/Startup_Code/startup.S:267: undefined reference to `__BSS_SIZE'
C:\workspace\prj_mpc5746c\Debug/../Project_Settings/Startup_Code/startup.S:273: undefined reference to `__BSS_START'
C:\workspace\prj_mpc5746c\Debug/../Project_Settings/Startup_Code/startup.S:274: undefined reference to `__BSS_START'
./Project_Settings/Startup_Code/startup.o: In function `bss_Init_end':
C:\workspace\prj_mpc5746c\Debug/../Project_Settings/Startup_Code/startup.S:286: undefined reference to `__SP_INIT'
C:\workspace\prj_mpc5746c\Debug/../Project_Settings/Startup_Code/startup.S:287: undefined reference to `__SP_INIT'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [prj_mpc5746c.elf] Error 1

10:19:51 Build Finished (took 6s.977ms)

Outcomes