cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC-4330-Flash configuration?

sebastien_lagar
Contributor I

Hi,

I am working  on a LPC 4330 program running on a M0 and a M4 with a S25FL064P external flash. The projects has 2 configuration (debug / release ).The program build and debug works great on LPCXpresso 7.5.0  and LPC link 1.3 JTAG probe.

Since LPCXpresso  is not maintained anymore I would like to move this project to MCU Xpresso 10.3.

To do so I tried 2 approaches: directly import LPC projects in my new MCU project and rebuild from scratch configuration files of the project building binary / axf files works great.

In release configuration mass erase and debug work great. But when I try to debug / erase flash memory in debug mode I get these errors:

Mass Erase - can't find a programmable memory area at 0xFFFFFFFF
Failed to erase flash: Ef(11). No flash configured.
(100) Target Connection Failed

and trying to launch debug configuration shows:

Using memory from core 0 after searching for a good core
debug interface type = Cortex-M3/4 (DAP DP ID 4BA00477) over JTAG TAP 0
processor type = Cortex-M4 (CPU ID 00000C24) on DAP AP 0

Target error from Write register: Ep(08). Cannot access core regs when target running.
GDB stub (crt_emu_cm_redlink) terminating - GDB protocol problem: Pipe has been closed by GDB.

The Link server Flash driver is the LPC18_43_SPIFI_GENERIC.cfx

I noticed that in debug configuration the file LPC4330_part.xml didn't contains my flash memory instance but in release mode it was contained. So I modified LPC4330_part.xml of the configuration to add my flash memory instance but the line was automatically deleted when I launch the debug configuration or attempt a mass erase on the device.

I tried also with a LPC link 2.0 probe, the problem is exactly the same.

Have you experienced a similar issue or have some hints to solve this ?

Regards,

Sébastien

0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

So an awful lot has changed since LPCXpresso IDE v7.5.0 was released back in Nov 2014, just in LPCXpresso IDE terms (LPCXpresso IDE - Latest Release : v8.2.2 ), never mind the additional changes that have come in MCUXpresso IDE (MCUXpresso IDE v10.3.1 Now Available ).

The first thing that I would suggest is checking the memory configuration for your project. The error message you are receiving certainly makes it sound like something has gone wrong here. Make sure that you have a flash region defined, and that this has an appropriate flash driver assigned for it.

For more information on this in the first place, please see the following chapters of the MCUXpresso IDE v10.3 User Guide:

• 17. Memory Configuration and Linker Scripts
  • 15. LinkServer Flash Support

If this doesn't help you to find the cause of your problems, then please can you provide more details of how your projects (I assume that you have a slave project for the M0, and master project for the M4) are configured.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos