One-stop secure boot tool: NXP-MCUBootUtility v1.0.0 is released

Source code: https://github.com/JayHeng/NXP-MCUBootUtility

【v1.1.0】
Feature:
  1. Support i.MXRT1015
  2. Add Language option in Menu/View and support Chinese
Improvement:
  1. USB device auto-detection can be disabled
  2. Original image can be a bootable image (with IVT&BootData/DCD)
  3. Show boot sequence page dynamically according to action
Interest:
  1. Add sound effect (Mario)

【v1.2.0】
Feature:
  1. Can generate .sb file for MfgTool and RT-Flash
  2. Can show cost time along with gauge
Improvement:
  1. Non-XIP image can also be supported for BEE Encryption case
  2. Display guage in real time
Bug:
  1. Region count cannot be set more than 1 for Fixed OTPMK Key case
  2. Option1 field is not implemented for FlexSPI NOR configuration

NXP-MCUBootUtility_v1.2.0_e.png

Comments

Hi Jay,

Great looking utility.  I've downloaded it (from here) and run it (NXP-MCUBootUtility-1.2.0\bin\NXP-MCUBootUtility.exe), but when it runs, all the menus, dialog text, etc are in Chinese.  I can't find anything in the main README describing how to switch languages from Chinese to English, and there's no obvious button or menu item in the app to switch languages.  From your screenshots, the utility obviously is capable of running in English.  How do I do that?

David

Ah.  Based on one line of the release notes above ("Add Language option in Menu/View and support Chinese"), and the positioning of the "View" menu option in the screenshot, I figured out where the language option menu was and got English working.  Still... it's not obvious where to go to change the language, especially since the menu and both the language choices are in Chinese.  I would suggest that rather than have a two-tier View menu (View / Language), just have one tier (View) so that "Language" doesn't have to be a translation item, and also list each language option using a simple abbreviation and the native word for the language, e.g. "EN - English" and "ZH - /native text/", regardless of which language is currently active.  That way, a native speaker would be able to identify their desired language without needing to understand the other language.

Also, I'm seeing that there are several options on the main screen that are not translating for some reason.  Screenshot below.  Thanks for putting together this utility.

NXP boot utility language.png

Hi David,

Thanks for your feedback!

English will be the default language in upcoming v1.3.0, and your suggestion about language option will be considered. How about below implementation? the text of language option will always be static

language option.PNG

For the issue "there are several options on the main screen that are not translating for some reason", it has already been fixed.

Best Regards,

Jay

Yes, that's perfect for the Language menu.  I would even move Language to the top level menu, maybe make it the last option after Help.  And thanks for fixing the translation items.  Great work.

David R.

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎04-19-2019 07:43 AM
Updated by: