The FRDM-KW36 comes with the OpenSDA circuit which allows users to program and debug the evaluation board. There are different solutions to support such OpenSDA circuits:
1. The J-Link (SEGGER) firmware.
2. The CMSIS-DAP (mbed) firmware.
The FRDM-KW36 comes pre-programmed with the CMSIS-DAP firmware. However, if you want to update the firmware version, you need to perform the next steps.
- Press and hold the Reset button (SW1 push button in the board).
- Unplug and plug the FRDM-KW36 again to the PC.
- The board will be enumerated as "DAPLINKBOOT" device.
- Drag and drop the binary file to update the OpenSDA firmware.
- If the J-Link version is programmed, the board will be enumerated as "FRDM-KW36J". On the other hand, if the CMSIS-DAP version is programmed, the board will be enumerated as "FRDM-KW36".
The binary for the J-link version can be downloaded from the next link:
The binary for the CMSIS-DAP version can be found in the next link:
Hope this helps...