The FRDM-K64F board comes with the mbed CMSIS-DAP firmware installed by default. CMSIS-DAP can be used with KDS using OpenOCD.
There are two alternative firmware files available for the FRDM-K64F (which runs OpenSDAv2 (which is different from the previous OpenSDAv1)):
- P&E OpenSDAv2 which emulates a P&E OpenSDA/Multilink
- Segger OpenSDAv2 which emulates a Segger J-Link
The Segger firmware is available on the Segger home page (see Segger J-Link Firmware for OpenSDAv2 | MCU on Eclipse).
The P&E firmware has not been released at the P&E web site yet, but is available attached to this document.
To install the firmware:
- Unpack the .bin file from the zip archive.
- Power the board with the OpenSDA USB port with the reset button pressed
- Release the reset button, the green LED shall blink.
- Copy the .bin file to the BOOTLOADER device, wait until the green LED flashes fast
- Re-power the board
Now you have your new P&E or Segger firmware loaded. In KDS use the P&E GDB server and select OpenSDA. For Segger select J-link.
See KDS Debug Configurations (OpenOCD, P&E, Segger) for details.
Original Attachment has been moved to: DEBUG_K64F_MBED_PEMICRO_V108.zip