取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

Error message "Engine failed to create the IOR string file ..."

823 次查看
Richly
Contributor III

Whenever I start CW 10.1 on my Windows 7, 32-bit, netbook, I get the message "Engine failed to create the IOR string file for the root factory. Aborting connection." I've googled for this error, but find nothing helpful, indeed, almost nothing at all.

I'm puzzled by two things: 

1) what causes the error (i.e., what does it mean)?

2) what are the consequences of the error; I've not noticed any.

Thanks,

Richly

标签 (1)
0 项奖励
2 回复数

392 次查看
sps
Contributor I

I see the same error, but not every time. I restart CW and it's usually gone (XP pro 32, CW10.1, MQX3.7, Kinetis). I do not see this on my Vista/64 machine. In general, I see errors and warnings pop up all the time in the current CW/MQX - nothing like the solid Coldfire environment I've used in the past. Moving projects from one machine to another is a trip. Very little concrete solutions to these warnings and errors appear in the forum either. I hope this settles with updates.

0 项奖励

392 次查看
Richly
Contributor III

I have to admit, it's been a long time since I've seen this error.

As for moving from one machine to another, I've been successful by using the identical path to everything involved, both the source files and the program files.  In particular, on all machines, I installed CW10.1 in 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CW MCU v10.1\eclipse

so that it works both on my XP and 32-bit Windows 7 machines and my 64-bit Windows 7 machines.  It was the only way I found that I could use a revision control system (Tortoise SVN) across various machines.

The only error I generally get is on an XP machine, almost every time I shut down CW10.1:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C...

R6030

- CRT not initialized

I reported this bug to Freescale, but they wanted me to jump through many too many hoops in order for them to process it, so I gave up. It seems innocous enough.

Good luck,

Richly

0 项奖励