cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW 10.1 kill JM60 in bootloader mode

ernesto_arc
Contributor II

Hello,
took a few years working with the MC9S08JM60 microcontroller, programming as a means of implementing the BootoloaderAN3561.

JM60GUI is the interface on the PC to program the microcontroller, it also installs the necessary driver.

CodeWarrior 6.16.2,6,310.0all I have worked without any problems. BUT!

CW10.1 proceed to install on my computerMy big surprise is that after installing CW10.1the JM60 bootloader modeit is now recognized as "Open Source BDM - Bootloader port and recognize JM60GUI stops and I can not program themicrocontroller.

Without understanding the reason for the errorinstall computersCW10.1 in 4 more and all pass the samemaking it clear that it isthis version that changes the driver of JM60 and prevents the microcontroller can recognize GUI like I did before.

Try uninstalling CW10.1 but the problem persistsUse all methods I know to delete any trace of CW10.1 and it is impossible to getback to the GUI recognizes JM60 Bootloader mode.

Use the following program to delete USB driver and all withoutsuccess:

TuneUp Utilities
CCleaner
Device Remover
USBDeview

Apparently I can only solve the problem by formatting the PC, but it is amazing to be released a new version of CW for that errorEverything seems to be given priority OSBDM as this also uses the bootloader mode to update its firmware, but those who want to usethe AN3561 just stayed out.

please tell me that another procedure I can do to avoid formattingmy PC?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

JuanDev
Contributor I

Hi, ernesto_arc.

I had the same problem. FIrst than all, you should uninstall CW 10.1, since Freescale have no documentation to solve the problem and CW 10.0 works with JM60 GUI. Next, you have to get to Device Manager in Windows (right click on MyPC or Computer, then click on properties) and uninstall the device that shows up when you connect your JM60 with Bootloader (the one with OSBDM name). Make sure you check "delete driver software" option to avoid it sticks around and back later. Your problem should already be fixed. Just to be sure, you should go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and look for usb drivers from freescale. 

After that, you can install Freescale JM60 GUI and have it working again.

Do not install CW 10.1 because the problem would be back again.

I hope this was helpful for you.

Best regards.

0 Kudos