cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

64-bit Windows Vista/7 OSBDM drivers

mredekopp
Contributor I

Hi

Are there 64bit Windows Vista/ Win 7 drivers for the OSBDM connections.  I have the  MCF52295 DEMO and am using it to teach a course of 40 students about embedded topics.  Many of them have 64-bit OS'es and need to be able to connect.  Please advise.

Mark

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Dear Mark,

I suspect the above poster has confused OSBDM and USBDM.  The drivers are different.

However,  I have done some basic tests with a MCF52295 DEMO (OSBDM) and it seems to work fine under Windows 7 professional 64-bit.  I'm not sure where the drivers were loaded from as I have several Codewarrior products installed but, obviously, one of 'em did it.

I suggest installing Codewarrior V10 (if not already done) and see if that installs the drivers.

Looking at the hardware manager it appears that the required low-level driver is libusbV0 (64-bit)  (from memory, I'm at another computer at the moment.) . You can search for a signed version of this driver on the Web.  This link MAY be useful:

http://usbdm.sourceforge.net/USBDM_V4.3/USBDM_JS16/html/index.html" rel="nofollow" target="_blankhttp://www.libusb.org/wiki/libwdi/zadig

Alternatively - contact Freescale direct.  I don't believe they monitor this forum (self help perhaps?)

bye

0 Kudos

Mickey
Contributor III
0 Kudos

Zahar
Contributor IV

Hello Mredekop,

Codewarrior version CW10.1 and higher includes P&E drivers that support OSBDM functionality under Windows XP/Vista/7 in 32 and 64 bit configurations.

If you are using an older version of Codewarrior, please try downloading and installing the latest version of P&E hardware drivers from www.pemicro.com/osbdm

Best Regards,
Zahar

P&E

0 Kudos

Witztronics
Contributor IV

Check out the new V4 firmware (in this same project forum).  It supports 64-bit operating systems.

0 Kudos