cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building a name server in MQX

Kafre
Contributor III

Hello all,

I'm currently using CodeWarrior 10 and MQX 3.6.1 over a M54455EVB. I'm trying to build the optional name component (PSP) included with MQX, but until now I have been unable to do so. I must say this could be mostly  because of my lack of experience in building MQX projects. f somebody is kind enough to enlight my way it would be very appreciated.

1) How can I add the name component to the user_config.h file?

2) How can I build the PSP in order to include this name server?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
4 Replies

LordMark
Contributor IV

In order to make any change in user_config.h or in any other file of the libraries you have to rebuild them. To do so you should go into the \mqx\build\... directory and choose the version of your codewarrior and the family of your target microcontroller. Then open the pspXXXXXX and bspXXXXXX projects. You will be able to see all the files of the libraries that you can modify, including user_config.h. After making your changes you have to rebuild them, that's all. Hope it helps :smileywink:

For details, you can find this proceedings also in the pdf documentation provided.

0 Kudos

Kafre
Contributor III

Thank you for the advice Lord Mark, It has been very helpful.

Now, following the PDF notes, I have created a modified project  in "<install_dir>/mqx/build/cw10/psp_m54455evb_test" based on psp_m54455evb. After opening a few files and navigating the project I still don't have a clue of how to add a name server. I don't know if I have to add something into the user_config file. I mean, some kind of:

#define PSPCFG_ENABLE_NAMESERV        1

I can build the project as it is, but don't know if this will do something productive.

Thank you,

0 Kudos

LordMark
Contributor IV

Unfortunately I don't know how to help for your specific problem.

0 Kudos

Kafre
Contributor III

I found it!

There is a file called mqx_cnfg.h were we can find a list of the configuration definitions for user_config.h. In my case the define is:

MQX_USE_NAME                         1

Cheers,

0 Kudos