problems about implemention  xgate code runnint out of ram in codewarrior  thanks for help!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems about implemention  xgate code runnint out of ram in codewarrior  thanks for help!

Jump to solution
jeffzxg
Contributor I

hello:

I am using codewarrior v4.6 to compiler code for 9s12xdt256, when create new project for xdt256, I choose multi core(HCS12X  XGATE in ram) option, but I can not find any code in project soure code that perform this copy function.

In project prm file

PLACEMENT
      XGATE_VECTORS,         

XGATE_STRING,           

XGATE_CONST,           
      XGATE_CODE,             

XGATE_STRING_RAM,      

XGATE_CONST_RAM,        

XGATE_CODE_RAM,         

XGATE_DATA             

INTO  RAM_FC /*, RAM_FD */;

END

if i use #pragma to place xgate code into XGATE_CODE_RAM segment, what should the linker and compiler do, does it automaticly linker some code to perform copy function?

if I want to run xgate code out of ram, what should i do in codewarrior, do i need to write special function in order to complete this task?

thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The same hc12 code in start12.c which is coping the values of intialized variables is used to copy the XGATE code into RAM. So you should not have to do anything (except not to remove the HCS12X startup code...).

Daniel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The same hc12 code in start12.c which is coping the values of intialized variables is used to copy the XGATE code into RAM. So you should not have to do anything (except not to remove the HCS12X startup code...).

Daniel
0 Kudos