cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX 35 PDK - APM6628 BT/WiFi Combo chip

wth
Contributor I

All,

I am using a iMX35 PDK and trying to bring up the BT/WiFi combo chip APM6628. I verified all the components and loaded the latest bluez utilities. I used 'hciattach' to get attached to BT via UART. This successfully creates 'hci0' device and using 'hciconfig' i am able to bring the device up and running. But when i try to enquire the nearby devices using 'hcitool inq', i am getting a time out error always.

Instead of using the bluez utils, if i use the CSR demo programs from BSP, the chips works fine. The demo program is able to inquire the near by devices. Does the APM 6628 chip needs a firmware load? or am i missing some init sequence?.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Mani

0 Kudos
2 Replies

AlanH
Contributor I

Mani,

Look on the personality board at location u55  ( along the edge that has the Rj45 and the DB9 connectors) - if there is not a chip there - like on my board, you will never get anything other than a timeout!

0 Kudos

wth
Contributor I

Alan,

Thank you for the reply.

On my board the APM6628 chip is there. I could get the information about the manufacturer, its class, BD_ADDR etc using 'hciconfig hci0 -a' command. But if i try to inquire the nearby BT devices, i am gettting 'time out' errors.

One the same board, if i use the demo utlities given by CSR, we are able to see the near by devices and the BD_ADDReses. So i am puzzled about what i am missing in bluez.

Regards,

Mani

0 Kudos