cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KW36 low-power operation

Jump to solution
jictannu
Contributor III

In frdmkw36_wireless_examples_bluetooth_hrs_freertos, I set cPWR_UsePowerDownMode to 1 in app_preinclude.h:

pastedImage_3.png

But in heart_rate_sensor.c:

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

It looks like cPWR_UsePowerDownMode is not 1. And I download it into my FRDM-KW36,  it start advertise.only when I press sw3. Why cPWR_UsePowerDownMode is not 1?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
nxf58474
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Hope you are doing well. In the SDK, in the docs>wireless>Bluetooth folder, is the Bluetooth Low Energy Demo Applications User Guide. In the Chapter Five (Bluetooth LE Stack and Demo Applications), the section 5.1.3 mentions that the application default configuration enables low power, which disables LED support.

So if you import the Heart rate sensor demo example and do not modify it, the Low Power is enabled you will only need to follow those steps in order to make the demo work.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ricardo

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
nxf58474
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Hope you are doing well. In the SDK, in the docs>wireless>Bluetooth folder, is the Bluetooth Low Energy Demo Applications User Guide. In the Chapter Five (Bluetooth LE Stack and Demo Applications), the section 5.1.3 mentions that the application default configuration enables low power, which disables LED support.

So if you import the Heart rate sensor demo example and do not modify it, the Low Power is enabled you will only need to follow those steps in order to make the demo work.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos