cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freescale Tutorials

victorsk
Contributor I

Hello,

I am a computer science student at university.  I am taking a course soon on Computer Architecture and assembler programming is part of its curriculum.  Very typically, course textbook has very little content on what will be covered in the course so I try to learn HC12 Microcontroller Assembler programming with our sources.  I got this book:

Software and Hardware Engineering ... by Fredrick M. Cady 

And I've got CodeWarrior assembler installed.

I am very new to programming with assember.  Does anybody have any advice on any good tutorials for beginniers assember programming?  The book is not bad, but I get lost on why certain operations are used and their purpose.

I just need some general advise on tutorials for Freescale assembler programming, if possible. 

Thank you,

Victor. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

ipa
Contributor III

Hi,

Try to google for "Jonathan Valvano" - I think he is with Texas University - his site has a good examples, both in C and asm - also a book about HC(S)12 programming.

Try also to find out - can be in your university library - Osborne - 8080 Assembly Programming - its true it is for the old Intel 8080, but is excelent in taking you step by step in assembly programming,  there are also some very  good special chapters about the practice/documenting/styles in assembly programming, which are today widely used by all developers.

Regards,

IPA

0 Kudos

victorsk
Contributor I
Thank you kindly :smileyhappy:
0 Kudos