MC1322x Freescale Combo device - How does it work?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC1322x Freescale Combo device - How does it work?

Jump to solution
sowmya
Contributor II

Hi, I have the MC1322x Freescale Zigbee Development kit with me. I have been trying to understand the Freescale Combo device and how it works.

Here are my questions:

1. Is there a document available giving details on combo device and how it works?

2. How does the combo device actually do the run time change from router, coordinator or end device. When I selected "Combo" as device type in Beekit, and flashed the code, my device could act like a coordinator (if no network is around) but it could act as a router upon startup(when a network is already present, it is not able to join it).I had to change the code to get it to join (by setting the zigbee preferred device type as router). I am confused!

3. Is there a way in the s/w to detect if the device is running on mains or battery? I know that there is a way we can configure the default settings, but let's say I configured default setting as "mains" and I actually have both mains and battery in my device, so i decided to make my device run in battery, how is the run time decision on battery or mains done? - The reason I am asking this is because depending on whether it is mains or battery, I want my device to act as router or end device.

Please provide clarity.

Thank you very much,

Sowmya

Labels (1)
1 Solution
sowmya
Contributor II

Hi,

These are the answers I have:

1. There is no document explicitly available for Combo device, but for some references in the Application Guide.

2. The Freescale code does not have the code built in to work as router when in mains power and end device on battery.

3. We can choose to make the device to work the way we want, by using the ZdoSetPreferredDeviceType() method available as part of ZDO Code. So if you want to make it work as Router or End device based on power/battery, read your hardware to check in what it is running, and based on that, set the ZDO Device type as router or end device.

Thanks,

Sowmya

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sowmya
Contributor II

Hi,

These are the answers I have:

1. There is no document explicitly available for Combo device, but for some references in the Application Guide.

2. The Freescale code does not have the code built in to work as router when in mains power and end device on battery.

3. We can choose to make the device to work the way we want, by using the ZdoSetPreferredDeviceType() method available as part of ZDO Code. So if you want to make it work as Router or End device based on power/battery, read your hardware to check in what it is running, and based on that, set the ZDO Device type as router or end device.

Thanks,

Sowmya

0 Kudos
sverige
Contributor I
Thank you!
0 Kudos
Mads
Contributor V

Hi Sowmya,

your questions has been answered through the Service request you have created.

Br,

Mads

0 Kudos
sowmya
Contributor II
Yes Mads, I got my answers. Thanks a lot.
0 Kudos
sverige
Contributor I

Hmm, the same information would be helpfull for our project as well, can you provide the answer for all?

Thanks!

0 Kudos