Bug in 2.3.1 K22 SDK for FTM Input Capture

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in 2.3.1 K22 SDK for FTM Input Capture

Keith4DSmith
Contributor V

I'm not sure this was reported a few months ago. I searched for the issue using keywords K22 FTM Input Capture and did not see it, so I'm reporting it here.

The 2.3.1 SDK supplied for this family of MCUs listed below has a bug in the FTM2 Input Capture driver.

Attached is a complete SDK project with the documented error.

The issue on the K22s listed below is there are two AIPS areas. AIPS0 and AIPS1. The FTM2 base exists on BOTH AIPS areas. The SDK code uses AIPS0 in one section and AIPS1 in another section, thus FTM2 never works properly.

Hope you find this useful.

I want to acknowledge benjamintait‌ for doing the detailed investigation on this problem.

MK22FN1M0AVLH12
 MK22FN1M0AVLK12
 MK22FN1M0AVLL12
 MK22FN1M0AVLQ12
 MK22FN1M0AVMC12
 MK22FN1M0AVMD12
 MK22FX512AVLH12
 MK22FX512AVLK12
 MK22FX512AVLL12
 MK22FX512AVLQ12
 MK22FX512AVMC12
 MK22FX512AVMD12

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Keith,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We appreciate your feedback.

I highly recommend you to use our latest SDK version (2.6.0). This issue was fixed in the latest drivers. The FTM2_BASE address is now 0x4003A000.

You can download the SDK from the following link:

https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/welcome

Have a great day,
Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Keith4DSmith
Contributor V

Thank you for making me aware that this problem is fixed in 2.6.

My problem has been when I go to download an SDK for the family of MCUs listed above, I receive SDK 2.3.1. This happens if I ask for the K21 eval board or the individual MCU. I receive the latest SDK when I select the K22 Freedom board, which does not contain the MCUs listed above.

I seem to be missing some knowledge.

Keith Smith

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Keith,

You are correct, the SDK for the MCUs you listed above have not been updated yet. Thanks for pointing that out to us. We will keep that in mind when the new version of those SDKs is released.

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos